Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe With Rosemary-Sage Butter
This year has positively flown by, and boy has it been an eventful one. I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. It’s officially time to think about getting a turkey. We have an extremely limited quantity of these delicious, humanely raised turkeys so if you’d like to get one, go ahead and place your order now. They are tender, juicy and all natural - just the way Thanksgiving turkeys should be. If this year will be your first time being in charge of cooking the turkey, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this simple yet elegant recipe.
Also Read: Vietnamese Chicken Thighs With Caramelized Coconut Sugar
A Simple Recipe With Herbs & Butter
The herbed butter is absolutely key when it comes to roasting a turkey. I chose to use sage and rosemary, but you could add in thyme if you have some on hand. This recipe also doesn’t include making stuffing inside the cavity, but you could easily do that if you wanted to. Always make sure to generously season the inside of the cavity - it has to provide flavor for the entire turkey. Turkey, just like chicken, should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer. If you don’t have one, you can tell the bird is finished cooking when the juices from the thickest part of the turkey run clear.
All Natural Turkeys From A Small Co-Op Of Family Farms
These turkeys are naturally gluten free and are never pre-brined, soaked in solutions or injected with fillers or saline to enhance appearance. Believe it or not, these are common practices for many mass producers of Thanksgiving turkeys. We source Thanksgiving turkeys in limited quantities each year from the same farmers that supply our chicken. This small co-op of family farms works to promote natural poultry behaviors in controlled environments. The goal is to raise healthy, wholesome birds. Our turkeys and chickens are cage-free and never administered hormones or steroids. These birds are raised as part of the Never Ever Program in comfortable, spacious barns with ample bedding and vegetarian feed.
Also Read: Best Cobb Salad Ever With Chicken Breast And Duck Bacon
- 1 all natural, humanely raised turkey
- 1 ¼ sticks unsalted butter
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- ¾ teaspoon chopped sage thyme
- ¾ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bundle each of fresh sage and rosemary
- 1 head of garlic, sliced in half
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter. Add in the ½ teaspoon of chopped rosemary, ½ teaspoon of chopped sage and the zest and juice of one lemon. Stir to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the turkey for cooking. Remove the giblets from the cavity of the turkey and wash the inside and outside of the bird. Check for any excess fat and/or feather stubs that can be removed.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan. Generously season the inside of the cavity with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the bunches of sage and rosemary, the quartered lemon and onion, and the head of garlic sliced in half inside the cavity. Brush the herbed butter mixture generously on the outside of the turkey. Use kitchen twine to tie the legs of the turkey together. Tuck the tips of the wings underneath the turkey.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast the turkey for approximately 3/13 hours. The juices should run clear when the turkey is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and tent with foil to rest for approximately 20 minutes before serving.
- Slice the turkey, serve and enjoy with loved ones!
Also Read: Creamy Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.