Easy & Delicious Instant Pot Taco Soup With Ground Elk
There’s few things easier than making a delicious soup in the Instant Pot. This taco soup is so delicious and the perfect variation on chili, one of my cold weather favorites. It’s like a fiesta in your mouth, and our ground elk meat makes it even better. It’s got such amazing flavor and tenderness, you definitely won’t be disappointed. However, you could easily make this with any of our ground selections. Our ground bison, lamb ground, beef ground, wild boar ground, or any of our Primal or Keto blends would all be great options.
Also Read: Elk Osso Buco: A Wild & Tender Twist On The Italian Classic
Don’t Forget About The Toppings
Taco soup is one of those things that’s easily taken to the next level with toppings. Don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious all by itself. Particularly when you’re feeding a crowd, having a selection of toppings really makes this soup unforgettable. Make sure to have some sour cream, sliced avocado or guacamole, and chopped cilantro on hand. Tortilla strips are another delightful add-on, and they give that crunchy texture everyone loves. Tortilla chips could be another suitable alternative. Anything you love to eat on tacos, you’ll adore eating on top of a bowl of this soup.
Ethically Raised, Healthy & Delicious Elk Meat
Our elk live completely free range, roaming on 20,000 to 100,000 acre ranches. We source from two locations, one being the Rocky Mountains of the United States. The other source that fit our strict quality standards was an elk ranch in the pristine mountain valleys of New Zealand. They wander as they please, grazing and foraging as they engage in all of their natural instinctive behaviors. As with all of our meat, these animals are never administered hormones, antibiotics or steroids of any kind. Elk is some of the most delicious and healthy meat you can eat, considered by many to be the most heart healthy meat in existence. Chefs love using our elk for its delicate flavor and outstanding tenderness.
Also Read: Elk Medallions: Juicy, Tender & Flavorful Gems
- 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground elk meat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning of choice
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups bison bone broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can hatch green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Tortilla strips for garnish, if desired
- Sour cream, chopped cilantro and avocado slices for serving
Also Read: Traditional Cabbage Rolls With Elk And Wild Boar Bacon
- Turn on the “Sauté” function for the Instant Pot and heat up the avocado oil. When it’s hot, add in the ground elk. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to brown.
- Add the chopped onion to the Instant Pot. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ranch dressing packet and taco seasoning to the pot. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add both types of beans, bison bone broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and hatch green chiles to the pot. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom and combining. Turn off the Sauté function.
- Turn on the pressure cook function and select “High Pressure”. Set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When the soup has finished cooking, release the steam. When the lid releases, stir in the frozen corn and shredded cheese. Ensure that the frozen corn is warmed all the way through. Taste and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy. Add tortilla strips, sour cream, cilantro and avocado slices as desired.
Also Read: Homemade Nebraska Stuffed Meat Sandwiches With Elk
Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.