Secret Superfood Meatloaf with Lamb & Bison Primal Blend
This lamb & bison meatloaf recipe is like the ultimate secret weapon for feeding superfood organ meats to your family without them ever knowing. With the help of our bison or beef Primal Burger Blends, you get all of the nutritional value without sacrificing the delicious taste of our bestselling ground meats. Of course, some of us out there love the taste of organ meat. But if you, your spouse, or your kids don’t feel that way, these convenient blends are indispensable. This meatloaf recipe also has a delicious sauce that goes over the top, and is wrapped in wild boar bacon for good measure. Feel free to leave the bacon out, this nutrient-packed meatloaf will be a hit either way.
Our Bison Primal Burger Blend
This unique product is a specially formulated blend of ground bison, heart, liver and kidney. The organs are the most nutrient-rich part of the animal, and in ancient cultures this meat was prized and reserved for royalty. However, a lot of people in modern times have an aversion to eating organ meat. This is typically because they’ve never had it prepared correctly, and haven’t tried well-sourced offal. The Primal Blend is designed to take the intimidation factor out of consuming organ meat. It tastes just like our ground bison, but with all of the added benefits of these nutritional treasure troves.
The Best Tasting & Most Ethically Sourced Lamb
Our lamb is raised on the North Island of New Zealand, in the incredibly beautiful foothills of Mount Ruapehu. The lambs are born and live their lives freely roaming the lush green landscape. These animals are raised by the Maori people native to New Zealand, and have been bred for generations for extraordinary taste and quality. They graze on verdant green grass rich with nutrients and are never given any type of antibiotics or growth hormones.
Why We Choose Lamb Raised In New Zealand
Lambs in New Zealand graze on some of the world’s most lush and nutrient rich pastures. The country enjoys a unique, subtropical climate that encourages animals and plants alike to flourish. New Zealand has some of the best conditions in the world for raising lamb, which might explain why their population outnumbers humans. Cultural traditions in New Zealand make it the industry standard to raise meat humanely and naturally. New Zealand lamb is grass fed throughout its life, unlike American lamb which is often grain finished to encourage larger size and higher body fat percentage. New Zealand lambs are smaller in size, because they were allowed to grow and develop the way nature intended.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound bison Primal Burger Blend
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 slices wild boar bacon
- 1 ½ cups ketchup, divided
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A good quality hot sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking pan lined with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, soak the slices of bread in milk. Set aside for a few minutes to soften.
- Add all other ingredients except for the ketchup, coconut sugar, Dijon mustard and hot sauce. Use your hands to combine thoroughly. However, be careful not to overmix as it can affect the taste and texture of the meatloaf. When the bread has been combined into the rest of the ingredients, it’s time to stop mixing.
- Form your meatloaf on top of the prepared pan. Then, arrange the wild boar bacon over the top, wrapping it securely and tucking the ends underneath the loaf.
- Whisk together the ketchup, coconut sugar, Dijon mustard and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl. Use about ⅓ of the sauce to cover the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for about 45 minutes in the center of the preheated oven. Remove it from the oven and add another third of the sauce on top. Continue baking for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the rest of the sauce drizzled over top. Enjoy!
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.