If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dinner that only uses one pan, look no further. Our juicy chicken thighs pair with flavorful red onions, green chile, and pan seared avocado for a one skillet recipe that’s sure to please. If you haven’t had charred avocado before, it might sound strange. I was skeptical at first, too. They become incredibly creamy and add wonderful texture with a seared, slightly crispy top. I love everything about it and I’m confident that you will, too.
Chicken That Is Naturally Delicious
What a lot of people don’t realize is that it’s common for chicken purchased in stores to get injected with saline to appear plump and fresh. As part of the USDA Never Ever 3 program, our chicken is never given any antibiotics, steroids or growth hormones. Furthermore, it is never injected or altered in any way after butchering. There are chemicals infused into the very packaging of most store bought chicken. Our packaging is free of any additives or chemicals, making this chicken something you can feel great about purchasing for yourself and your family.
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small co-op of family farms, raised in sunny Colorado.
Sourced From A Co-Op Of Family Farms
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon green chile powder (or whatever chile powder you have)
- 2 avocados, cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Red pepper flakes
Also Read: Creamy Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Set the chicken thighs out at room temperature for about 20 minutes. This will help them to cook more evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and green chile powder on all sides.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs to the pan and cook for 12 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Wipe out the skillet. Sprinkle the coconut sugar on top of the avocado halves, then place them in the hot pan facing down. Cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Adding more oil to the pan if necessary, cook the red onions for approximately 3 minutes. Add in the green onions and bell pepper. Cook for another few minutes. Add in the lime juice and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken thighs and avocados back into the skillet. Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season with more sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired. Garnish with cilantro and limes. Serve and enjoy!
Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.