Spiced Pumpkin Curry With All Natural Chicken For Fall
Once fall is officially here, it’s time for pumpkin everything. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies… and this delicious slow cooker chicken pumpkin curry. It’s warming and nourishing with those satisfying spicy sweet Thai flavors that everyone loves. It’s the season where it’s easy to get delicious sugar pie pumpkins for cooking, but canned pumpkin is a little easier and still very delicious.
You can easily make this in any slow cooker or Instant Pot, or just on the stove top (if you choose this option, cook covered over low heat for a couple hours longer). It’s super easy to prepare and if you like, you can cook it for 8 hours on low instead of 4 hours on high, leaving it overnight or while you’re at work for the day. Use a good quality Thai red curry paste for mouth watering flavor. Canned coconut is an absolute must for flavor and texture, so don’t use the kind that comes in a carton. Jasmine rice is by far my personal preference for serving - it’s fragrant and extremely delicious. However, any freshly steamed white rice will work just fine.
The Most Delicious Chicken You’ve Ever Had
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Carefully Sourced & Humanely Raised
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 4 cups sugar pie pumpkin or 4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Juice of one lime
- Steamed jasmine rice or serving
- Lime wedges, chopped cilantro and toasted cashews for garnish
- Add the can of coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos and coconut sugar to the Instant Pot or crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the pumpkin. Add the chicken breast to the pot and place it so that it’s completely submerged in the curry mixture.
- Cook on high for approximately 4 hours if using a crock pot, or using the “Slow Cook” function on the Instant Pot.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Season the curry mixture with sea salt to taste. Use a fork to mix together, or you can use an immersion blender for a smoother texture.
- Shred the chicken and return to the pot. Cook for approximately 30 more minutes.
- After the 30 minutes has passed, add the spinach and lime juice to the pot. Stir just until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Serve the curry over steamed jasmine rice and top with chopped cilantro, toasted cashews and lime slices.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Helpful Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.