Maple Pear Baked Chicken Thighs With Ginger & Thyme
Chicken thighs are definitely one of my favorite things to cook. They turn out so delicious, crispy and flavorful every single time with almost zero effort. The fact that ours are bone-in makes them even juicier. They’re my fail proof, go-to dinner item that is completely craveable and satisfying. To top it off, they’re incredibly versatile. Although they need little adornment to taste amazing, you can add anything and everything to them and have scrumptious results. Chicken thighs are the perfect blank canvas to create kitchen masterpieces.
Also Read: Savory & Delicious Peruvian Chicken With Green Sauce
I used Bosc pears in this recipe simply because they’re my favorite. I love their flavor and texture. However, if you can’t find them, you can substitute any other variety of pear or apple and have great results. Maple syrup, ginger and apple juice or cider create a wonderful spiced, sweet and warming flavor combination. Make sure to use a good quality maple syrup, one that’s dark and robust in flavor. Pure maple syrup is absolutely necessary for cooking, and if you’re not careful when purchasing you can easily end up with a flavored imitation maple syrup that won’t add much besides sugar to the dish you’re making. With a perfect medley of fall flavors, this recipe is versatile and simple to make.
Delicious Chicken From The Best Sourcing
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Also Read: The Most Delicious & Tender Way To Roast A Whole Chicken
Happy Chickens Raised Naturally And Humanely
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 4 pounds chicken thighs
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled and cut into quarters (core removed)
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ½ cup grade A or B pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus 4-5 whole sprigs
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Also Read: Delicious Moravian Chicken Pot Pie Recipe You Need To Try
- Whisk together the apple juice, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, minced ginger, shallot, chopped thyme, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken to the marinade and refrigerate, covered, for 12-24 hours. Turn the chicken thighs a couple times while marinating to ensure even coating.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and transfer it from the marinade to a baking dish, skin side facing up. Nestle the pear slices and sprigs of thyme between the chicken thighs. Pour the marinade over the top and bake for approximately one hour. Periodically spoon the marinade over the top while baking. Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve the chicken with the pear slices and sauce drizzled over the top.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Also Read: Tangy Panko Breaded Chicken Drumsticks With Buttery Broccoli
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.