Addictive Spicy Sweet Maple Chipotle Baked Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are always a fool-proof choice for dinner, whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a crowd. These crispy baked wings with a tantalizing maple chipotle sauce really hit the spot. You’ll be hard pressed to have leftovers the next day from this recipe because these wings never stick around for long. Use your favorite hot sauce to customize the flavor, and feel free to omit the dried sage if you don’t have it on hand. You could also garnish with chopped scallions.
Also Read: Maple Pear Baked Chicken Thighs With Ginger & Thyme
Let’s be real, what could be more finger licking good than a sauce consisting of melted butter, hot sauce and maple syrup? You really can’t go wrong. Combined with our chicken wings, outstanding in flavor and quality, this is a recipe you’ll make again and again for its simplicity and addictive taste. Kids love these wings, too - and it’s easy to customize how hot they turn out by adjusting the amount of chipotle pepper and hot sauce as desired. Make sure to use pure maple syrup, and choose one described as “robust” in flavor to get that true maple taste.
Delicious Chicken From The Best Sourcing
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small co-op of family farms, raised in sunny Colorado.
Also Read: Baked Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas With Hatch Green Chiles
Happy Chickens Raised Naturally And Humanely
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons preferred hot sauce (sriracha, Frank’s, Texas Pete, etc)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can of chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons robust, dark maple syrup (grade A or grade B)
Also Read: Best Ever Homemade Country Chicken & Dumplings Recipe
- Thaw the chicken wings overnight in the refrigerator. Gently pat dry with paper towels before preparing.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large baking sheet with avocado oil. Line with aluminum foil if desired.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sea salt, and dried sage.
- Working in batches, toss the wings in the flour mixture until they’re thoroughly coated. Remove and set aside, gently shaking off excess coating.
- Place the coated chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet, leaving ample space between each piece of chicken. Drizzle more avocado oil over the top.
- Roast the wings in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes, turning once. They should be golden brown, crispy and cooked all the way through. Chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the wings are baking, whisk together the melted butter, hot sauce, chipotle pepper and maple syrup. If you want you can run it through the blender.
- When the chicken wings are finished baking, add them to the sauce and toss to coat evenly. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Also Read: Louisiana Jambalaya With Chicken & Mexican Blue Shrimp
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.