Aji de gallina is everything you could ever want in a comfort food. It’s delicious, warming, soothing and better yet, it’s pretty healthy, too. The sauce is incredibly satisfying and creamy, blended with walnuts and milk soaked bread to create an irresistible consistency and nutty flavor. The mild yellow aji chili adds the perfect amount of kick to this recipe. You can probably find aji amarillo paste if you have an international market nearby, but if not, habaneros will make a delicious substitute. Just blend them up in a blender (stems and seeds removed) with a couple tablespoons of oil to make your own paste.
Chicken That Is Naturally Delicious
What a lot of people don’t realize is that it’s common for chicken purchased in stores to get injected with saline to appear plump and fresh. As part of the USDA Never Ever 3 program, our chicken is never given any antibiotics, steroids or growth hormones. Furthermore, it is never injected or altered in any way after butchering. There are chemicals infused into the very packaging of most store bought chicken. Our packaging is free of any additives or chemicals, making this chicken something you can feel great about purchasing for yourself and your family.
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small co-op of family farms, raised in sunny Colorado.
Sourced From A Co-Op Of Family Farms
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 3 yellow potatoes, boiled and sliced in half
- 2 lbs chicken breast, thawed
- 3 slices of bread with the crust cut off
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 tablespoons aji amarillo chili paste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 small yellow onions, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 6 black olives, halved
- If the potatoes haven’t been prepared by boiling until fork tender, do so now. Slice in half and set aside, covered to keep warm. Season lightly with sea salt.
- Soak the bread in a shallow dish or bowl with the ½ cup milk. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, boil the chicken breasts in salted water for approximately 12 minutes, or just until cooked all the way through (the juices will run clear). Let the chicken cool until it’s cool enough to handle. Shred the chicken using two forks or your fingers.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When hot, stir in the aji amarillo paste. Add the onion to the pan and cook for a couple minutes, then add in the garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the milk soaked bread, walnuts and Parmesan cheese to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Then, pour in the aji amarillo, onion and garlic mixture from the pan. Pulse until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook with 1 cup of chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and stir in the shredded chicken. Add more chicken broth until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve the chicken over top of a halved boil potato. Add a scoop of rice on the side. Garnish with half of a hard boiled egg and black olives. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Our Stellar Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.