Easy, Flavorful & Crunchy Smoked Cheddar Breaded Chicken
These panko breaded chicken breasts are bursting with flavor and delightfully crispy and crunchy. If you like ranch dressing, you’ll love the option of adding in some ranch seasoning (I get mine from a premixed packet). You could also skip that step and serve with some ranch dressing on the side, or leave it out entirely and enjoy the rich flavors of the smoked cheddar and juicy chicken.
This is a recipe that’s sure to please kids and adults alike, plus it’s super easy to make. Our chicken breast is incredibly flavorful and satisfying - customers constantly tell us that it’s the best chicken they’ve ever tasted.
Chicken That Comes From Family Farms
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Humanely Raised And 100% Natural
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins.
The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing seasoning (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin to about ¼ inch
- ½ cup bison tallow or other high heat cooking oil, divided
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Let the chicken thaw out in the refrigerator overnight. Before cooking, let it sit out for 20 minutes to reach room temperature - meat that isn’t cold will cook much more evenly. Pat dry with paper towels and pound to ¼ inch thickness. Set aside.
- Gather three shallow bowls. In the first one, place the flour. In the second, lightly beat the two eggs. In the third bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, grated smoked cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing seasoning (if desired). Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Generously season the pieces of chicken with salt and pepper on all sides. Then coat thoroughly in flour, shaking off the excess each time. Coat each piece in the beaten eggs. Let the excess liquid drip off before finally coating with the panko and cheese mixture. Press the coating in gently with your fingers. You can actually do this step months ahead and keep the breaded chicken in the freezer for easy cooking at a later time.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat ¾ of the bison tallow or other high heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches. Add more bison tallow or oil as needed to the pan. Cook the chicken until golden brown, crispy and cooked all the way through. This should require approximately four minutes of cooking on each side. When finished cooking, transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towels. Season with more sea salt if desired. Let rest for a few minutes, and then serve with lemon on the side to garnish.
Eat Meat The Way Nature Intended
At Beck & Bulow, we’re passionate about providing the best meat available, delivered straight to your door. All of our meat is ethically sourced and raised the way nature intended. Each of our offerings is hand cut by local butchers with care and precision.
Every order is hand packaged at our Santa Fe warehouse by our team. You will receive your meat in a reusable cooler packed with dry ice to maintain optimal freshness. Feel free to reach out, we’re always happy to answer questions and share cooking recommendations. We’re confident that you will love this meat as much as we do.