The Delicious Chicken Schnitzel Recipe You Need To Try
A schnitzel is a piece of meat pounded then, then fried to succulent deliciousness. Typically it’s breaded prior to frying, and this recipe uses a coating of tasty panko breadcrumbs. There’s many variations across lots of different cultures worldwide. This rendition is reminiscent of chicken fried steak from the American South. It’s easy to make and pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes, pasta, salad or anything else you’re in the mood for.
Just Say No To Factory Farmed Meat
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for our planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way.
When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small-scale farm, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Humanely Raised Chicken Tastes & Feels Better
Our chicken comes from a small co-op of family farms. They’re humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls.
They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
Eat Chicken The Way Nature Intended
These chickens are never administered any antibiotics of any kind. They are never exposed to chemicals like bleach and the packaging is completely free of any preservatives. This meat is naturally juicy and delicious, and is never injected with any type of filler or flavor enhancer. If you’re used to factory farmed chicken, you might think ours seem small in comparison. This is because they’re never given any amount of steroids or growth hormones. Their small size is just the way nature intended them to grow.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or bison tallow
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Parsley for garnish, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Thaw the chicken breasts in the refrigerator overnight. Prior to cooking, let them sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes to come to room temperature. Pat gently dry with paper towels. Pound each chicken breast to a thickness of about ⅛ inch.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the flour on a plate for dredging the chicken. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and mustard together. Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish.
- In another shallow dish, place 1 cup of the panko breadcrumbs.
- Line up the plate with flour, dish with the egg mixture, and dish with the breadcrumbs to create an easy assembly line.
- One at a time, coat the chicken breasts thoroughly with the flour. Shake off any excess and then dunk into the egg mixture. Make sure all sides get evenly coated. Finally coat the chicken breasts with the breadcrumbs, pressing gently to solidify the coating.
- As you complete preparing the chicken breasts, place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil or bison tallow and 1 tablespoon ghee in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts two at a time. Cook until they’re a delicious golden brown on both sides (8-10 minutes). As they finish cooking, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Season with sea salt to taste. Add the remaining oil and ghee to the pan and cook the remaining chicken breasts. Garnish with parsley and lemon as desired. Serve immediately.
Also Read: This Easy Thai Chicken Bowl Is A Must Try
At Beck & Bulow, we’re passionate about providing the best meat available, delivered straight to your door. All of our meat is ethically sourced and raised the way nature intended. Each of our offerings is hand cut by local butchers with care and precision. Every order is hand packaged at our Santa Fe warehouse by our team. You will receive your meat in a reusable cooler packed with dry ice to maintain optimal freshness. Feel free to reach out, we’re always happy to answer questions and share cooking recommendations. We’re confident that you will love this meat as much as we do.