This is one of those dinners for when you seriously just don’t have much time to make dinner. My usual tactic on these types of nights is to heat up some bison sausage and call it a day, but this is a really nice alternative. With the help of a rice cooker (or leftover rice in your refrigerator), this takes very little effort to put together and tastes delicious. It’s as easy as whisking some ingredients together for the sauce and browning some of our delicious grass fed ground beef – that’s it. And despite how simple it is, it’s completely craveable. Kids will love it, too. It’s the perfect easy meal for when you’re swamped with things to do or just want something yummy to curl up with and watch a movie.
A Super Easy Dinner With Convenient Ingredients
I added coconut sugar and coconut aminos because they’re my personal go-to’s for cooking Asian food. If you don’t have them on hand, any soy sauce and sugar or other sweetener will do. Add more fresh ginger as well if you like more of a kick – not to mention the wellness properties it offers. I love a big spoonful of kimchi on any Asian dish. This distinctively flavored fermented condiment offers a dose of gut-healthy probiotics and may even help boost immunity. If it’s not your thing or you don’t have any, just leave it off. It’s kind of like a spicier, saltier Korean sauerkraut.
Beef That’s Pasture Raised In Mountain Valleys
Our grass-fed & finished beef is raised essentially wild on a beautiful 20,000 acre ranch here in New Mexico. The cows roam freely as far as the eye can see with extremely minimal handling. For those familiar with New Mexico, it might sound surprising that there’s so much lush green grass for them to graze on. These fields are naturally irrigated by a sparkling river flowing with ice-melt from the Sangre de Cristo mountains. We started stocking beef due to popular demand from customers who wanted to eat this meat with the knowledge that it’s impeccably sourced.
Many people avoid eating beef because it’s often from industrial feedlots. These factory farming operations are harmful to the environment, the animals and the health of people who consume the meat. When cattle and other grazing animals are raised using sustainable agricultural practices, we can actually repair soil health and restore balance to our ecosystems. The natural rhythms of life provide the soil with everything it needs. All we have to do is stop supporting industrial feedlots and raise meat the way we’re supposed to. That’s why our mission at Beck & Bulow is to steer as many people as possible away from eating factory farmed meat.
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Kimchi, chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, coconut aminos, sesame oil, fresh minced ginger, red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook the beef and minced garlic. Break the beef apart into crumbles with a wooden spoon. Cook just until the meat is cooked through (take care not to overcook).
- Pour the reserved sauce into the skillet. Combine and simmer for a couple minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Portion hot, cooked rice into four bowls. Top with the cooked meat and sauce mixture. Garnish with a spoonful of kimchi (if desired), chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.