These are the type of homemade fried chicken sandwiches that you’ll still be thinking about when you go to bed at night. They’re that good. Make these once and I can absolutely guarantee that you’ll be making them again! Our delicious chicken breast is double battered in buttermilk and the perfect blend of herbs and spices. Then fried to perfection in avocado oil or, better yet, bison tallow (if you’ve never tried frying with it before, it produces incredible results). Served on a decadent brioche bun with creamy honey mustard, it really doesn’t get much better than this.
Humanely Raised Chicken Tastes & Feels Better
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Never Ever Given Antibiotics, Steroids Or Hormones
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 2 packages chicken breast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups buttermilk + extra as needed
- Avocado oil or bison tallow for frying
- 4 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Creamy honey mustard for serving
- Iceberg lettuce & pickles for serving
- Fillet the chicken breasts in half. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper on all sides.
- Prepare a large shallow dish for dredging. Combine the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, sea salt, paprika, garlic and onion powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, oregano and thyme. Whisk together.
- Add the buttermilk to a large mixing bowl. Working one at a time, submerge the chicken breast fillets in the buttermilk.
- Remove the chicken breast from the buttermilk and dredge in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess coating.
- Repeat the process for each chicken breast fillet, dipping them a second time in the buttermilk and then in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess.
- Let the chicken rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This step will give the coating a chance to set.
- Heat oil for frying in a large cast iron skillet. Use a deep-fry or candy thermometer to heat to a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use tongs to carefully place the chicken into the oil. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan so that the fillets are able to get nice and crispy on all sides.
- Fry each fillet until they’re a beautiful golden brown and completely cooked all the way through. The juices should run clear, and chicken should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the fried chicken rest on a plate lined with paper towels or a baking rack.
- Melt the butter and brush it on the brioche buns. Broil in the oven to a golden brown. Check after two minutes and take care not to let them burn – it happens fast!
- Mix together the honey mustard if making your own. Use mayonnaise, dijon mustard and honey to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy! Serve immediately.
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.