Lunch Recipe: This Easy Thai Chicken Bowl Is A Must Try
Spicy Thai peanut sauce has an addictive flavor that we love. It’s creamy, satisfying, spicy and a tiny bit sweet. These rice bowls are so delicious, they’ll easily be your new favorite lunch recipe. Combined with our protein rich, juicy chicken breast, this easy meal is sure to provide sustained energy to get through your busy day.
We’re partial to making our own peanut sauce, but there’s lots of great options available at most grocery stores if you want to make this recipe even simpler to prepare. View our website to shop for our outstanding chicken online today.
Also Read: Chicken: An Ancient Diet Staple With Health Benefits Galore
All Natural, Vegetarian Fed Chicken For Home Delivery
Our chicken comes from a small co-op of family farms. They’re humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls.
They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible. Like all of our meat, this chicken is hand cut at local butcher shops.
Also Read: Easy Tips For Cooking Mouth-Watering Chicken Dishes
Beck & Bulow: The Best Place To Buy Meat Online
The goal is to raise these chickens to be as wholesome and healthy as possible. Because this is done with care and attention, these chickens are never administered any antibiotics of any kind. They are never exposed to chemicals like bleach and the packaging is completely free of any preservatives. This meat is naturally juicy and delicious, and is never injected with any type of filler or flavor enhancer.
If you’re used to factory farmed chicken, you might think ours seem small in comparison. This is because they’re never given any amount of steroids or growth hormones. Their small size is just the way nature intended them to grow. Shop quality chicken online from Beck & Bulow - we’re confident you’re going to love it as much as we do.
Also Read: How To Make The Best, Crispiest & Juiciest Fried Chicken Ever
For The Spicy Peanut Sauce: (optional - if you’re short on time, most grocery stores have some great premade peanut sauces)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Also Read: How To Make The Perfect Grilled Chicken Every Time
To Make The Bowls:
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium scallions, sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Chopped basil for garnish
Also Read: How To Make Juicy, Flavorful Chicken Thighs + Recipe
- If you’re making your own peanut sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the rice in 2 cups of water seasoned with sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover until the rice is cooked (usually takes approximately 40 minutes)
- Boil the chicken breast until it’s cooked all the way through (should take about 15 minutes)
- Remove from water and allow to cool, then shred with a fork.
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the sliced bell pepper until it’s softened. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. After 3-4 minutes, add in the garlic and cayenne, adding more salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for about five minutes, then stir in the cooked chicken breast. Let the flavors meld together for a minute or two. Stir in ½ of the chopped scallions and 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce. Simmer for about a minute.
- To construct the bowls, divide the shredded purple cabbage and carrots between four bowls. Top with the jasmine rice, distributed evenly. Then add the chicken and red bell pepper mixture. Top the bowls with the remaining peanut sauce, chopped basil and the remaining chopped scallions.
Also Read: Savory & Delicious Peruvian Chicken With Green Sauce
At Beck & Bulow, we’re committed to providing you with quality meat from the best sources available. Check out our online offerings of chicken, elk, bison, wild boar, grass fed beef and lamb today.