Wild Boar Tenderloin Sandwich With Fig & Onion Sauce
People are always asking us about the best ways to eat wild boar. If you’re used to eating pork, the nutty and delicious flavor of wild boar meat will blow your mind. It’s so much more flavorful and satisfying than conventional pork. The difference comes from the truly wild existence that our boars lead, roaming freely in the forests of the southwest.
Because they forage their diet and eat plenty of nuts, berries, roots and tubers, this wild boar meat has incredible flavor. Customers tell us all the time that they find themselves unable to go back to eating conventional pork after trying out this meat.
Beck & Bulow: Your Premium Meat Delivery Service
Our wild boar is the most premium quality available. Like all of our meat, it’s USDA certified and top of the line. These boars are humanely trapped and transported under the supervision of specially trained veterinarians. This ensures that they experience as little stress as possible. They’re entirely free range, and never administered any amount of antibiotics, hormones or steroids. This meat is as wild as it gets, and with all of the convenience that comes with reliable delivery, straight to your door.
Order Humanely Trapped Wild Boar Meat Online
The great thing about wild boar is that you can use it for any recipe where you would typically use pork. The pork tenderloin sandwich is an American classic, and there are many ways to prepare it. Our favorite way to prepare this sandwich is by roasting the tenderloin. Since we use wild boar meat, it lets all of the amazing natural flavors shine through.
The fig and onion sauce complements the wild boar meat perfectly. This is a great way to meal prep for the week, since both the tenderloin and the sauce can be stored separately in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Order today from the best online meat delivery service and taste the difference for yourself.
Beck & Bulow: The Best Online Meat Supplier
- Approximately 1.5 pounds of Wild Boar Tenderloin (about 2 tenderloin pieces which are shipped as 1 order)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup bison broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fig jam
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 brioche buns
- Wild Boar Bacon
Fresh, Ethically Sourced Online Meat Delivery
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a large cast iron skillet inside to get hot. Pat the wild boar tenderloin(s) dry with a paper towel. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Feel free to get creative here and add in more spices if you desire.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and drizzle some olive oil to coat the bottom. Place the wild boar tenderloins in the skillet carefully. Let them roast for 8 minutes, then take the skillet out and flip the tenderloins. Turn the oven down to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to roast the tenderloins for 10-12 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the pork is cooking, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat on the stove top. Add the thinly sliced onion and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the onions until they begin to brown and caramelize. Add in the bison bone broth and scrape the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Allow to cook until the liquid begins to reduce. Add in the apple cider vinegar and reduce the heat. Continue to cook for about five more minutes, then add in the fig jam and stir to combine. It will begin to thicken (but still remain easy to stir). The sauce will stay good for up to one week.
- When the wild boar tenderloin is done (don’t let it overcook while you’re busy making the sauce!), remove it from the oven and transfer it to a plate or a cutting board (if serving immediately). Loosely cover it and let the meat rest for about ten minutes. If you’re not going to assemble the sandwiches immediately, the cooked tenderloin can be refrigerated for about 5 days.
- If using bacon, cook it while the tenderloin is resting.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice the tenderloin into slices about ½ inch thick. Portion onto the rolls and top with bacon and/or the fig and onion sauce.
The taste of wild boar meat will really set these sandwiches apart from anything similar you’ve made with pork in the past. When you order meat online from Beck & Bulow, we know you’re going to be thrilled with the quality of what you receive. From our sourcing to our butchering to our packaging, this meat is handled with care every step of the way. We are the ultimate source for the most high quality meat, available for delivery anywhere within the continental United States.