Heavenly Scrambled Eggs With Alaskan Smoked King Salmon
I have always loved scrambled eggs, and there is definitely an art to making them. A lot of people rush through scrambling eggs. They’re really one of those things that needs to be cooked slowly and gently to be brought to their full creamy, delicious potential. Adding in our smoked king salmon really takes these to the next level - as well as making a filling breakfast. This combination will satisfy your seafood cravings and provide nourishment for the day to come! A great option for breakfast or brunch any day. Our smoked king salmon is available for online seafood delivery straight to your door.
Our wild-caught Alaskan smoked king salmon comes from our own facilities on Kodiak Island, Alaska. The salmon is hot smoked and incredibly flavorful and tender. I often find myself eating it directly out of the package, but it’s a pleasure to use in any recipe. Customers tell us all the time that it’s the best smoked salmon they’ve ever had. King salmon is often considered the most desirable variety of salmon. It’s the fattiest, most tender and the most mild in flavor. Like all of our seafood, this salmon is wild, ocean caught and sustainably fished. Online seafood delivery from Beck & Bulow makes it easy to get sustainably caught, delicious fish from a small source you can trust.
Also Read: Authentic British Fish And Chips With Wild Alaskan Fish
The addition of cream cheese in this recipe makes the scrambled eggs extra creamy. It’s also a match made in heaven with smoked salmon, as anyone who has ever combined the two on a bagel knows. I like to add everything bagel seasoning to these scrambled eggs for that very reason. I get one from Trader Joe’s, but I’m guessing other places have their own version of it (and there’s plenty available online). If you don’t like everything bagels or don’t have the seasoning, just leave it out. If you think of scrambled eggs as a lackluster dish, just wait until you try this recipe. Be sure to add some smoked king salmon to your next wild seafood delivery order - you’ll be glad you did!
This is the perfect simple recipe that is so easy to make, yet has a special touch to it. It’s not your average breakfast of scrambled eggs at all. I think this recipe would also be great with some smoked trout roe on top as a garnish. I’m a huge fan of anything smoked, so doubling up on the smoked fish wouldn’t bother me - but you could also make this with leftover cooked salmon that’s not smoked and then add the smoked trout roe on top.
Also Read: Mouthwatering Wild Caught Alaskan Smoked Salmon Crepes
Here’s the thing - you need to slowly and gently cook the eggs in order for them to have a creamy, fluffy texture. Use medium or even medium low heat, and gently flip the eggs as they cook. This will keep the eggs in larger pieces and give them a much softer texture. Don’t chop up the scrambled eggs in the pan like a lot of people tend to do - this will give them a completely different mouthfeel when you eat them. It’s also key to use good quality eggs if you want the best flavor and nutritional value. Free range chicken eggs, duck eggs or even goose eggs are my favorites. If you’re located in Santa Fe, we have them at the butcher shop. One goose egg is equal to 3-4 chicken eggs. One duck egg can be used interchangeably with one chicken egg.
- ½ pound smoked king salmon (feel free to use more to taste… I can’t get enough smoked salmon personally. Available for wild seafood delivery from our online store)
- 8 free range chicken or duck eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Garlic powder to taste (or everything bagel seasoning if you have it on hand)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter for the skillet
Also Read: Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs Everyone Will LoveInstructions:
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Slowly scrambling is the key to creamy eggs, so if you’re using a cast iron, or your stove tends to run hotter, you may want to reduce slightly below medium.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Continue to whisk until some bubbles form - this makes your scrambled eggs more fluffy.
- Stir in the cream cheese, separating it into small chunks. Fold in the smoked salmon and chopped green onions. Season to taste with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder (or everything bagel seasoning).
- Scramble the eggs, letting them cook slowly and gently.