Recipe: Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs Everyone Will Love
Growing up in the south, deviled eggs were a childhood favorite of mine. To this day my mom makes some of the best ones I’ve ever tasted. However, I never encountered the incredible combination of deviled eggs with smoked salmon until recently. This recipe is a match made in heaven and is the perfect thing to bring to a gathering or have stashed in the refrigerator for a delightful snack. These deviled eggs will stay good in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, but I sincerely doubt they’ll last that long.
Also Read: Mouthwatering Wild Caught Alaskan Smoked Salmon Crepes
Sustainably Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon From Pristine Waters
All of our fish are caught using a hook and fishing line. They never go through the machinery that salmon canneries use, which negatively affects the taste and texture of the fish. Most commercially caught fish also sit around on the boat before being bled out, which negatively affects the taste and quality of the meat. These salmon are bled right away on the boat, resulting in the most premium and flavorful salmon you can get. They’re then pressure sealed and flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
With these methods, having our flash frozen salmon delivered to you is actually highly preferable to buying fresh, unfrozen salmon unless you happen to be or live next door to a skilled fisherman. And even if that’s the case, the waters we source from off the Alaskan coast are some of the most pristine on the planet, making it very unlikely to find better fish anywhere else.
Also Read: Wild Caught Alaskan King Salmon With Lemon, Garlic & Butter
Our Varieties Of Smoked Salmon
Keta salmon is also known as pink salmon. It has a lower oil content than the other varieties, but has a lovely firm textured flesh and excellent flavor. It has a lighter flavor which some people prefer over sockeye or king salmon. It’s the perfect variety of salmon for smoking and adding flavors to, and we offer a couple different varieties of smoked keta salmon. It offers one of the best values as far as salmon goes and is delicious in its own right. We also offer smoked sockeye salmon, which is a highly desirable variety of salmon with a higher oil content. Either one will taste delicious with these deviled eggs.
- 8 free range, organic eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons chives
- ½ pound smoked salmon, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Also Read: Baked Alaskan Halibut With Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Hard boil the eggs. Place them in a large pot (in a single layer) and add enough water to cover them. Bring them to a boil. As soon as the pot begins boiling, remove from the heat and put the lid on the pot. Set a timer for 15 minutes (12 if your eggs are not extra large). Immediately remove the eggs from the pot with a slotted spoon when the timer goes off and place them in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- When the eggs are completely cool to the touch, peel them and cut them in half. Use a small spoon to remove the yolks and place them in a mixing bowl. Set the egg whites aside on a platter and season with sea salt to taste.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for ½ tablespoon of the chives to the mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly using a fork or an electric mixer until it reaches a fluffy consistency.
- Carefully use a small spoon to add the filling mixture back into the egg whites. Loosely cover and refrigerate for half an hour for best flavor.
- To serve, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Garnish with the reserved ½ tablespoon of chopped chives.
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Also Read: Smoked Salmon Dip With Cream Cheese, Horseradish & Dill
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.