Lunch Recipe: The Savory Lamb & Lentil Bowl You Need To Try
If you haven’t tasted our ground lamb yet, this recipe is the perfect excuse to place an order. Our New Zealand lamb is flavorful, tender and simply the best. We hear from customers all the time who thought they didn’t even like lamb, but find ours irresistible.
Although lamb is currently much less popular in American than in other countries, the demand for this delectable and versatile meat is starting to rise in the United States. Our New Zealand lamb is quickly becoming a customer favorite. For quality meat delivered straight to your door, look no further than Beck & Bulow.
Order Pasture Raised Lamb Meat Online For Delivery
Our lamb is raised on the North Island of New Zealand, in the incredibly beautiful foothills of Mount Ruapehu. We’re proud to offer this optimally sourced lamb meat online for convenient delivery straight to your door. The lambs are born and live their lives freely roaming the lush green landscape.
These animals are raised by the Maori people native to New Zealand, and have been bred for generations for extraordinary taste and quality. They graze on verdant green grass rich with nutrients and are never given any type of antibiotics or growth hormones. Like everything else we offer at Beck & Bulow, this is simply the best meat you can buy.
Beck & Bulow: Your Premium Meat Delivery Service
Lambs in New Zealand graze on some of the world’s most lush and nutrient rich pastures. The country enjoys a unique, subtropical climate that encourages animals and plants alike to flourish. New Zealand has some of the best conditions in the world for raising lamb, which might explain why their population outnumbers humans. Cultural traditions in New Zealand make it the industry standard to raise meat humanely and naturally.
New Zealand lamb is grass fed throughout its life, unlike American lamb which is often grain finished to encourage larger size and higher body fat percentage. New Zealand lambs are smaller in size, because they were allowed to grow and develop the way nature intended. This 100% grass fed & finished meat is the ultimate in delicious taste and easy cooking.
Lamb is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly so when it is pasture raised. These healthy fats are most typically found in fish. They aid in brain function, have powerful anti-inflammatory properties, and improve skin health, slowing down signs of aging.
Due to the concerning state of our oceans there is a high level of difficulty currently experienced when trying to source healthy and clean fish. Lamb is an excellent and underutilized option for nourishing our bodies with 50% ounce for ounce of the omega-3’s found in tuna. Order delicious, nutrient rich meat from the best online meat company.
Ethically Sourced, Gourmet Meat Delivered Straight To Your Door
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or bison tallow
- 1 pound package of ground lamb
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- ¾ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups of dry green lentils (or if prepared in advance, 3 cups of cooked lentils)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 large bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of organic Greek yogurt
- Pita bread for serving
- First, cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package. Set aside. You can also do this step in advance.
- Heat the avocado oil or bison tallow in a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add in the ground lamb and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the meat is becoming nicely browned.
- Add in the red pepper, cumin and garlic. Combine and continue to cook for a couple minutes until the flavors are combined and the lamb is cooked through but still nice and juicy. Transfer the meat to a separate plate and loosely cover to keep warm.
- Add the cooked lentils and extra oil or tallow as needed to the hot cast iron pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow them to cook for 5-8 minutes or until they begin to turn brown and crispy.
- Mix the lamb meat in with the lentils and combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the freshly chopped cilantro and cucumber.
- Distribute on plates. Top each with a dollop of greek yogurt and more fresh herbs as desired. Serve with pita bread.
At Beck & Bulow, we’re committed to providing our customers with the most impeccably sourced meat that tastes delicious. We’re proud to provide the absolute best meat to order online. Check out our selections of lamb, elk, wild boar, bison, grass-fed beef and chicken today.