A whole chicken is one of the most satisfying and delicious meals you can make. It looks impressive, smells incredible and is sure to please your family or friends. It’s a classic comfort food, and we’re thrilled to be offering all natural, humanely raised chicken meat available for delivery straight to your door.
Also Read: Chicken: An Ancient Diet Staple With Health Benefits Galore
Beck & Bulow: The Best Place To Buy Meat Online
Brining the chicken is a completely optional step, and depends on if time permits for you to brine the chicken in advance. It needs to be done for at least 8 hours for best results – we like to simply let the chicken brine overnight the day before roasting. Since chicken is naturally lean and can become dry with cooking methods like roasting, the brining makes the meat super juicy and flavorful all the way through. It’ll still turn out delicious even if you skip this step, but if you have the time we think you’ll be really pleased with the results. We only offer the best quality meat you can buy, and this chicken has outstanding flavor and tenderness. Cooking the chicken at a slightly higher temperature yields that amazing, crispy, golden brown skin that everyone loves.
Also Read: Easy Tips For Cooking Mouth-Watering Chicken Dishes
All Natural, Vegetarian Fed Chicken For Home Delivery
Our chicken comes from a small co-op of family farms. They’re humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible. Like all of our meat, this chicken is hand cut by master local butchers.
Also Read: How To Make The Best, Crispiest & Juiciest Fried Chicken Ever
Beck & Bulow: Your Quality Meat Delivery Service
To Brine The Chicken: (optional step)
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup sea salt or other good quality salt
- ¼ cup agave or good quality honey
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (and peeled)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 lemons, sliced
- One whole chicken
Also Read: How To Make The Perfect Grilled Chicken Every Time
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chicken, in a large pot. Simmer over medium heat until the salt has dissolved completely into the mixture.
- Turn off the heat and allow the brine to cool completely.
- Submerge the whole chicken into the brine. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 8 hours, and up to 24)
- When it’s time to take the chicken out of the brine, rinse it and pat dry with paper towels.
To Roast The Chicken:
- The (optionally brined) whole chicken
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 6 tablespoons of bison tallow, melted (you can also use grass fed ghee or butter)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (a brined chicken won’t need much salt if any)
Also Read: Savory & Delicious Peruvian Chicken With Green Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare to stuff the cavity of the chicken by tucking the wings underneath the breast. Remove the giblet bag if there is one. Place the sprigs of thyme and rosemary, shallots and lemon slices inside the cavity. Tie the legs of the chicken together with kitchen twine to hold everything inside while roasting. Order the most delicious natural chicken online from Beck & Bulow.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted bison tallow (or ghee/butter), minced garlic, minced rosemary, minced thyme, and desired amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Combine thoroughly.
- Use this mixture to rub all over the outside of the chicken. Be sure to also rub it underneath the skin of the breast (you can loosen the skin before you do this)
- Put the chicken on a pan with raised edges (to catch the juices) and cook in the heated oven for about an hour and fifteen minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Check the chicken after one hour just in case.
Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. This is a crucial step – if you cut into the chicken too soon after cooking, the juices don’t have the opportunity to soak into the meat. You’ll see them all leak out onto the serving plate instead. For the most delicious chicken available for home delivery, look no further than Beck & Bulow.
Also Read: How To Make Juicy, Flavorful Chicken Thighs + Recipe