Lunch Recipe: How To Make The Best Chicken Salad Ever
Chicken salad has always been one of my favorite things to eat. There’s just something so creamy, fresh and satisfying about it. The combination of savory, flavorful and tender chicken breast along with luscious mayonnaise, and fresh herbs with a delightful crunch and a hint of sweetness make this chicken salad next-level delicious. Best of all, it’s super quick to make. You can even prep the chicken breast ahead of time and refrigerate it pre-cooked to whip this up for lunch at a moment’s notice.
The Ingredients Make The Difference
Our chicken breast is the best I’ve ever tasted, and I’m not exaggerating. In the past I’ve eaten chicken breast where I felt like it needed some help to really taste great and maintain moisture. Ours has more flavor than any chicken I’ve ever had before, and as a result anything I make with it turns out to be that much more scrumptious.
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for our planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small-scale farm, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
All Natural, Vegetarian Fed Chicken
Our chicken comes from a small co-op of family farms. They’re humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins.
The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
Ethically Raised, The Way Nature Intended
These chickens are never administered any antibiotics of any kind. They are never exposed to chemicals like bleach and the packaging is completely free of any preservatives. This meat is naturally juicy and delicious, and is never injected with any type of filler or flavor enhancer. If you’re used to factory farmed chicken, you might think ours seem small in comparison. This is because they’re never given any amount of steroids or growth hormones. Their small size is just the way nature intended them to grow.
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the avocado oil all over the chicken and season generously on all sides with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Once cool, chop the chicken into bite sized chunks. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the raisins, slivered almonds, celery, scallions, and fresh herbs.
- Using a separate, smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, and mustard. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the liquids mixture to the bowl with the chicken and combine thoroughly.
- Cover the chicken salad with plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator to chill for a minimum of one hour.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious over fresh salad greens, on toasted bread, or some good crackers.
We’re passionate about providing the best meat available, delivered straight to your door. Everything is ethically sourced and raised the way nature intended. All of our offerings are hand cut by local butchers with care and precision. Each order is hand packaged at our Santa Fe warehouse. You will receive your meat in a reusable cooler packed with dry ice to maintain optimal freshness. We’re confident that you will love this meat as much as we do.