Savory & Delicious Peruvian Chicken With Green Sauce
This flavorful recipe from vibrant Peru will be your new favorite way to eat chicken. With a spicy, flavorful green sauce that’s so good it’s almost addictive, your family will ask for this meal again and again. Feel free to adjust the amount of pepper included in sauce to suit your family’s spice tolerance.
This memorable meal is actually really simple to make - all you need is a grill and a blender to make the sauce. If you don’t have a blender, no worries - just be sure to mince the garlic and pepper as finely as possible. When you order fresh chicken online from Beck & Bulow, we know you’ll be thrilled with the difference you can taste.
Order Humanely Raised Chicken For Home Delivery
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for our planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small-scale farm, locally raised in sunny Colorado. Happily, we offer this chicken for home delivery wherever you’re located nationwide.
Beck & Bulow: The Best Place To Order Meat Online
Our chicken comes from a small co-op of family farms. They’re humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls.
They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible. Order our natural chicken online and have it delivered straight to your door.
Premium Quality Meat Hand Cut By Local Butchers
The goal is to raise these chickens to be as wholesome and healthy as possible. Because this is done with care and attention, these chickens are never administered any antibiotics of any kind. They are never exposed to chemicals like bleach and the packaging is completely free of any preservatives. This meat is naturally juicy and delicious, and is never injected with any type of filler or flavor enhancer.
If you’re used to factory farmed chicken, you might think ours seem small in comparison. This is because they’re never given any amount of steroids or growth hormones. Their small size is just the way nature intended them to grow. With Beck & Bulow, you will always receive the most high quality meat on the market.
Beck & Bulow: Your Premium Meat Delivery Service
- 2 pounds of Beck & Bulow chicken thighs, breasts or you can roast a whole chicken - all of our chicken selections are hand cut by master local butchers.
Marinade for the chicken:
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
Peruvian Green Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ aji amarillo (if you can find it), or substitute ½ of a jalapeno or a green chile. Adjust to taste depending on spice preference
- 1 clove of garlic, quartered
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Squeeze of fresh lime to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high, or if roasting a whole chicken preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade together in a small bowl. First, add in the finely minced garlic. Then add in the oil, lime juice, coconut sugar, cumin, paprika, thyme, coriander, salt and coconut aminos. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Toss the chicken pieces in a bowl, or if roasting a whole chicken brush it on generously. This step can be done overnight, or just while the grill/oven heats up.
- Now, make the green sauce. Simply add all of the ingredients into a blender (preferably high speed) and blend until the sauce is smooth to your liking.
- When the grill is hot, cook the chicken pieces, searing both sides well. Turn the heat down and move the pieces to the other side of the grill further away from the heat source to continue cooking. Cover. For bone-in chicken pieces, more time will be required. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If roasting a whole chicken, put it in the oven and roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and roast it for an additional 20 minutes per pound. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.