Lunch Recipe: Instant Pot Wild Boar Banh Mi Sandwiches
These Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches made with wild boar tenderloin will completely blow you away. The delectable flavor of our wild boar meat combined with flavors of pickled vegetables, lime and spicy mayonnaise make these sandwiches incredibly fresh and delicious. The Instant Pot makes the tenderloin effortlessly rich with the flavors of the delectable, traditional Vietnamese sauce. Place an order today from Beck & Bulow, the best online meat store.
Order Humanely Trapped Wild Boar Meat Online
People are always asking us about the best ways to eat wild boar. If you’re used to eating pork, the nutty and delicious flavor of wild boar meat will blow your mind. It’s so much more flavorful and satisfying than conventional pork. The difference comes from the truly wild existence that our boars lead, roaming freely in the forests of the southwest.
Because they forage their diet and eat plenty of nuts, berries, roots and tubers, this wild boar meat has incredible flavor. Customers tell us all the time that they find themselves unable to go back to eating conventional pork after trying out this meat.
Beck & Bulow: Your Quality Meat Delivery Service
Our wild boar is the most premium quality available. Like all of our meat, it’s USDA certified and top of the line. These boars are humanely trapped and transported under the supervision of specially trained veterinarians. This ensures that they experience as little stress as possible. They’re entirely free range, and never administered any amount of antibiotics, hormones or steroids. This meat is as wild as it gets, and with all of the convenience that comes with convenient delivery, straight to your door.
For the sandwiches:
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 5 daikon radishes (or regular if you can’t find daikon)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 fresh French baguettes sliced in half
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the sriracha mayonnaise:
- ½ cup good quality mayo + 2-3 teaspoons sriracha + 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
For the wild boar tenderloin:
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 packages of wild boar tenderloin (should total around 3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or bison tallow
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 cups bison bone broth
- Add the juice from one lime into a medium sized bowl. Mix in the ¼ cup rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir thoroughly until everything is completely dissolved.
- Slice the cucumbers and radishes very thin. You can either use a very sharp knife or a mandolin to achieve super thin slices. Add these along with the shredded carrots to the bowl of liquid to marinate. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a small dish, juice one lime. Crush the two cloves of garlic and remove the peels. Set aside.
- Cut the wild boar tenderloins into halves (crosswise). Season with one teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Our wild boar, like all of our meat, is hand cut by local butcher shops.
- Turn on the sauté function of the Instant Pot. Heat the two tablespoons of avocado oil or bison tallow. When it’s shimmering, sear the pieces of tenderloin in batches. Sear until golden brown on all sides.
- Return all of the tenderloin to the pot and add in the reserved lime juice and crushed garlic. Mix together along with the 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of sriracha and 2 cups of bison bone broth. Seal the valve and close the lid, then cook on high pressure for 9 minutes. To finish, set to natural release for 5 minutes.
- When finished, transfer the wild boar tenderloin to another surface and let rest for ten minutes. While it’s resting, turn the Instant Pot back onto the sauté function to reduce the liquid down and make a sauce. Also, mix together the ingredients for the sriracha mayonnaise.
- Assemble the sandwiches on the halved French baguettes. Spread the top half of each sandwich with the spicy mayonnaise. Thinly slice the wild boar tenderloin and assemble the slices on each sandwich. Take the reduced sauce out of the Instant Pot and drizzle the meat with it. Use the pickled vegetables that were set aside to marinate as a topping along with the cilantro.
The taste of wild boar meat will really set these sandwiches apart. When you order meat online from Beck & Bulow, we know you’re going to be thrilled with the quality of what you receive. From our sourcing to our butchering to our packaging, this meat is handled with care every step of the way. We are the ultimate source for the most high quality meat, available for delivery anywhere within the continental United States.