Wild Boar Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin With Garlic & Herbs
This wild boar tenderloin wrapped in wild boar bacon is a delectable combination of two of our most delicious cuts of wild boar. The roasted garlic and herbs add incredible flavor to this simple yet scrumptious dinner recipe. If you like, you can even add vegetables into the pan to roast along with the main dish. This is a really satisfying, savory dinner that showcases the outstanding flavor of our wild boar meat.
A Delicious & Sustainable Choice
Our Southwestern wild boar roam the forests, foraging their natural diet. They love to eat berries, nuts, roots and tubers which give their meat its unique and delectable flavor profile. They’re trapped under the supervision of specialized veterinarians and butchered by a small scale, species specific facility. Just like all of our products, we care about where this meat comes from.
Wild boar are actually an invasive species to North America, and their population continues to grow. They ruin crops and disrupt the growth of endangered plants in forests by digging in the soil. When we eat humanely trapped wild boar meat it helps to protect our food supply and forest ecosystems.
Once You Go Wild Boar You’ll Never Go Back
People are always asking us about the best ways to eat wild boar. If you’re used to eating pork, the nutty and delicious flavor of wild boar meat will blow your mind. It’s so much more flavorful and satisfying than conventional pork. Customers tell us all the time that they find themselves unable to go back to eating conventional pork after trying out this meat.
In addition to the unbeatable flavor, wild boar meat offers a multitude of health benefits that blow pork out of the water. It’s lower in total fat and calories while offering more omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. We are big believers in the advantages of eating wild meat and the nutritional profile of wild boar is a perfect example of this.
Humanely Trapped and USDA Certified
Like all of our meat, it’s USDA certified and top of the line. These boars are humanely trapped and transported under the supervision of specially trained veterinarians. This ensures that they experience as little stress as possible. They’re entirely free range, and never administered any amount of antibiotics, hormones or steroids. This meat is as wild as it gets, and with all of the convenience of home delivery.
- 4 cloves of garlic + 2 entire heads
- 5 sprigs rosemary, 1 chopped (4 whole)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons bison tallow or ghee, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, chopped
- 1 package of wild boar tenderloin
- 8 slices wild boar bacon
- Prepare the oven by preheating to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and finely mince the four cloves of garlic. Cut the two whole cloves of garlic in half. And set aside.
- Combine the minced garlic with the chopped rosemary and fennel seeds, salt and 1 tablespoon of melted bison tallow or ghee. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- The pork tenderloin should have been thawed for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. If desired, you can prepare the garlic rub in the morning and chill the tenderloin with the rub on it until it’s time to prepare. However, it’s also fine to do this step just before cooking. Simply rub the tenderloins thoroughly with the garlic mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet to set aside.
- Prepare a baking dish by scattering the remaining sprigs of rosemary in the bottom. Wrap the wild boar tenderloins with the slices of wild boar bacon. Tuck in the ends at the bottom so that everything stays in place.
- Place the halved heads of garlic in the pan around the meat. Drizzle another tablespoon of melted bison tallow or ghee over the top.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit when placed into the thickest part of the tenderloin.
- When finished cooking, transfer the wild boar tenderloins to another surface and rest for approximately ten minutes. Slice and serve.
When you order meat from us, it arrives at your doorstep ready to store or enjoy. Immediately upon butchering, each cut is pressure sealed and flash frozen. We pack each order by hand in our Santa Fe warehouse and ship it to you in a reusable cooler with dry ice.
We’re proud to offer the most delicious, sustainable and nutritious meat available. Check out our website today for wild boar bacon, tenderloin, ground meat and frenched rib racks. Be sure to take a look at our other selections of meat, including bison, elk, beef, lamb and chicken.