Coq Au Vin (Chicken In Wine Sauce) In The Instant Pot
Coq au vin translates to “chicken in wine”, and is a French dish that sounds fancy but is actually quite easy to make. It’s even easier when you prepare it in an Instant Pot. If you have an Instant Pot, then you know how amazing they are for cutting down the time it takes to prepare delicious meals. This delicious, tender chicken braised in a delectable wine sauce is the perfect thing for autumn evenings. You can make the entire thing in your Instant Pot, or if you don’t have one, simply do the searing on the stove in a skillet and the slow cooking in a covered pot simmering over low heat. It will, of course, take longer to cook this way, but is still pretty effortless.
Our Chicken Is Outstanding In Flavor And Quality
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small co-op of family farms, raised in sunny Colorado.
Sourced From A Co-Op Of Family Farms
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 3 slices duck or wild boar bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 parsnips, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups dry red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Use the “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot. When it’s hot, add in the chopped bacon and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until it’s crispy. Take the bacon out of the pot and set aside. If there’s more than about a tablespoon of grease left in the pot, pour out a little excess.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic and tomato paste to the Instant Pot. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the garlic and onion become fragrant and tender. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the broth or water, red wine, bay leaves, thyme, carrots, mushrooms, and chicken breast to the pot. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on the “High Pressure” setting for 8 minutes.
- Use either the natural or quick release function when the cooking time has completed. Turn the Instant Pot onto the “Sauté” function and bring to a boil for approximately 5 minutes or until the liquid reduces a bit. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Remove the bay leaves and sprigs of thyme from the pot. Add the chopped parsley and cooked bacon, stirring to combine.
- Serve and enjoy. Delicious served over mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.