As a kid, I never really liked pork chops. It always seemed like they were dry and boring. Enter our heritage pork rib chops - they’ve changed my opinion on pork chops forever. They’re tender, flavorful and absolutely delicious. I decided to make a richly spiced compound butter to slather on, giving them an abundance of amazing flavor. Ginger, orange zest, garlic and coriander combine to make the perfect accompaniment to these rib chops. The fact that these chops are bone-in makes them that much juicer. The bone traps moisture in the meat, and adds an extra layer of meaty flavor to the dish. You’ll never want to make boneless pork chops again!
Orange Coriander Spiced Grass Fed Compound Butter
Everyone will love these pork chops. I love making compound butters, and there’s so many variations to play with when it comes to herbs and spices. I love the combination of fresh and zesty orange with warming ginger and fragrant coriander - and garlic of course. I love grass fed butter and getting something that’s well sourced will make your cooking taste that much better. My personal favorite is Kerrygold. The flavor, texture and color are amazing and it just enhances the taste of anything you put it on. Grass fed butter is a great source of nutrients and it’s one of my go-to sources of healthy fat (besides meat of course). Compound butters are a total game changer when it comes to cooking. Experiment with different ingredients and find your favorites! It can add something amazing to almost any dish.
Free Range Heritage Pork Raised On The Rio Grande River
Our heritage pork is raised completely free range on a beautiful small farm here in Northern New Mexico. Each animal has approximately one half acre of land. These pigs roam as they please, swimming in the Rio Grande river. The farm is a rehabilitation center for those struggling with drug addictions. The center features agricultural therapy through caring for and interacting with the pigs. These animals get daily interaction, treats and live a completely stress-free life. Living stress-free is important for all animals, but particularly essential for pigs because they are quite sensitive. This pork is USDA Certified and grain fed with a nutritionally balanced diet. The pigs consume a nutritionally ideal ratio of crude protein, crude fiber and plant fiber. This pork is completely hormone, steroid and antibiotic free - like all of the meat we offer.
- 4 heritage pork rib chops
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup grass fed unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon bison tallow
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the thawed rib chops sit out at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes before cooking.
- Make the compound butter. Put the softened butter in a small bowl. Add in the finely minced ginger, orange zest and finely minced garlic. Stir to combine thoroughly until the butter has a slightly fluffy consistency.
- Heat the bison tallow in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, sear the rib chops until golden brown on both sides (work in batches).
- Generously slather the rib chops with the compound butter. Nestle them together in the skillet, or if they don’t fit put them in a baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rest the chops for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Top with more compound butter if desired.
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.