Delicious Dry-Rubbed & Oven-Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
I was thrilled to say the least when I heard that we would be stocking chicken wings in addition to breasts, thighs and drumsticks. Our chicken is the best I’ve ever tasted, and wings are one of my favorite foods that I haven’t enjoyed that often in recent years because I wasn’t lucky enough to have a source I really trusted. That is… until now. This recipe is perfect for when you don’t feel like frying something, because we all know that it can be a little more messy and time consuming than just baking something.
This also features an incredibly flavorful dry rub filled with mouthwatering herbs and spices to create an explosion of flavor without using any messy sauce. Don’t get me wrong, I love sauce, too - keep your eye out for some amazing recipes with sauce in the near future - but this is a really delicious alternative.
Humanely Raised Chicken Tastes & Feels Better
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Never Ever Given Antibiotics, Steroids Or Hormones
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 4 packages thawed chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted bison tallow + a little extra
For the dry rub:
- ½ tablespoon chile powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ¾ tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust or omit for heat preferences)
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Thaw the chicken wings in the refrigerator overnight. Prior to cooking, set them out at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes so that they cook evenly. Remove them from the packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet (line with foil if desired for easier cleanup). Place an oven safe rack on top of the baking sheet. Grease with melted bison tallow, avocado oil or cooking spray.
- Put all the chicken wings in a large bowl. Add in the avocado oil and toss to evenly coat all the wings. In a separate, smaller dish, combine all the spices and herbs for the dry rub.
- Add ½ the dry rub mixture to the chicken wings. Use clean hands to mix thoroughly, massaging the spices into the wings. If desired, add more dry rub mixture and massage in for an even coating.
- Place the chicken wings on the baking sheet with the rack. Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.