Hawaiian Style Pineapple Chicken Thighs With Coconut Rice
If you didn’t get to take a vacation this summer, this Hawaiian pineapple chicken recipe might be the next best thing. Served with fragrant coconut jasmine rice, these flavors will make you feel like you just took a walk on the beach to an outdoor restaurant with hula dancers. A simple, flavorful marinade on juicy, crispy grilled chicken thighs will have your mouth watering in no time. Grilled pineapple takes on an amazing flavor - get fresh if you can, but canned will do just fine. Make this chicken to celebrate the last few weeks of summer with some Hawaiian flair.
Also Read: How To Make The Best, Crispiest & Juiciest Fried Chicken Ever
Humanely Raised Chicken Tastes & Feels Better
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Never Ever Given Antibiotics, Steroids Or Hormones
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
Also Read: How To Make The Perfect Grilled Chicken Every Time
- 2 packages chicken thighs
- ½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple slices
To make the rice:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
Also Read: Savory & Delicious Peruvian Chicken With Green Sauce
- Thaw the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, water, coconut sugar, garlic, sesame oil, ½ cup coconut milk and pineapple juice. Pour into a baking dish or plastic freezer bag. Add in the chicken and marinate for a minimum of 2 or maximum of 24 hours. Before cooking, allow the chicken to sit out at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes. This will allow the meat to cook evenly.
- Heat a grill to medium to medium-high heat on one side only. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and cook on the hot side of the grill, searing on both sides for approximately 6 minutes. Then move the chicken thighs to the unlit side of the grill, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, grill the pineapple for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set the chicken and pineapple aside, letting the meat rest.
- Make the coconut rice. Bring the 1 ¼ cup coconut milk and water to a boil, then add in the rice and salt. Cover and reduce to a simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and fragrant.
- Serve the chicken and pineapple overtop of the coconut rice. Top with chopped cilantro and lime wedges served on the side.
Also Read: How To Make Juicy, Flavorful Chicken Thighs
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.