Top Sirloin Steak Bites With Rosemary Garlic Butter
This easy style of garlic butter steak bites has been really trendy the past few months, and I’m so glad I decided to give them a try. I mean, it’s not really surprising that bite sized steak with tons of delicious garlic butter poured over top is so good - no wonder these have become so popular! I added some fresh rosemary into the butter as well and I have to say it turned out wonderfully. Since the steak is cut into bite sized pieces, it cooks even more quickly than a regular steak. They also have the added advantage of more surface area to soak up as much garlic butter as possible. Chopped parsley as a garnish adds a nice dash of color and freshness. These steak bites are so tasty, you’ll be amazed at how quickly they get eaten. Once you have one, it’s nearly impossible to stop!
Also Read: Shredded Slow Cooked Bison Roast For Meal Prepping
Quality Meat + Quality Butter = Heaven
I used Bison top sirloin steak, but you could use ribeye or a strip steak or whatever you prefer. Another important ingredient is the butter. I can’t recommend enough to use good quality butter that’s pasture raised. It’s not only because it’s humane and good for the environment, but pasture raised butter tastes so much better than anything else. It makes a huge difference in cooking and especially for something like this where butter is one of the main ingredients. Serve these for a casual dinner that everyone will love. They’re delicious on their own, on top of rice or quinoa, over mashed potatoes, alongside sautéed vegetables, you name it. They go with anything and will be your new go-to recipe for those nights when you need something quick to prepare yet satisfying and flavorful.
Also Read: Italian Wedding Soup With Bison And Wild Boar Meatballs
Bringing Back The American Bison
Our bison live free range on 10,000 beautiful acres here in New Mexico, or roam freely on our carefully selected partner ranches. They are pasture raised and never administered any amount of hormones, steroids or antibiotics. These are powerful, strong animals that live essentially wild with minimal handling. There were once 60 million bison roaming North America, and we hope to see their numbers increase back to even 1 million during our lifetime. By increasing the demand for ethically sourced bison meat, we can help to bolster their population. The more people that want to purchase this nourishing and nutrient dense meat, the more farmers will be encouraged to raise bison. This directly helps to increase the number of herds which assists in providing genetic diversity for the population.
(Makes 2-4 servings)
- 2 lbs bison top sirloin steak or steak of choice
- 1 ½ tablespoons bison tallow
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons pasture raised butter (I like Kerrygold)
- 6 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig chopped fresh rosemary
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Also Read: Delicious, Warming Hungarian Goulash With Bison Stew Meat
- Completely thaw the steak before cooking. Chop into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat the bison tallow in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chopped steak. Season generously as desired with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sear the steak pieces on all sides, working in batches if necessary. Cook to desired doneness. Set aside the cooked steak and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the hot skillet and add in the minced garlic and chopped fresh rosemary. Sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant and tender.
- Add the steak bites to a platter or large bowl. Pour the butter over top and stir to combine. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Also Read: Steak Salad Recipe With Bison Ribeye & Homemade Dressing
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.