Pretty much everyone loves pizza, it’s a fact. And when you make it yourself at home, there’s something so satisfying about it and the taste is always better, somehow, than even your favorite pizza place. It’s one of the simplest meals to cook, and lends itself perfectly to being fun and easy to prepare with your date, friends or your kids. It’s stress free, enjoyable, and a true crowd pleaser. Personally, barbecue chicken pizza has always been one of my absolute favorites. The sweet, tangy barbecue sauce, red onions and fresh cilantro are a match made in heaven and our flavorful, juicy chicken makes this homemade pizza really stand out.
Using a prebaked crust is quick and convenient, but I’ll be the first to admit that if you have time to make your own pizza dough, it’s definitely even tastier. There’s lots of great recipes available online and it’s really easy to do. However, for the sake of simplicity I’ve left that out of this preparation – there’s lots of great prebaked pizza crust available in stores, and sometimes local pizza places sell them or their premade dough.
Some Things To Note About The Ingredients
Brushing the crust with olive oil before baking is optional, but will prevent your dough from getting soggy. The smoked gouda cheese I’ve listed on the ingredients will give this pizza an amazing smoky flavor to go with the barbecue sauce, but you could easily substitute shredded mozzarella if that’s what you have on hand. Finally, selecting your favorite barbecue sauce can really take this pizza to the next level. I usually go for locally made options and love something that’s sweet with some tanginess to it.
Humanely Raised Chicken Tastes & Feels Better
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Never Ever Given Antibiotics, Steroids Or Hormones
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 1 prebaked pizza crust (or make your own)
- Olive oil for brushing the crust with
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 packages of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups grated smoked gouda cheese
- Thaw the chicken breasts overnight in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes prior to cooking. Gently pat dry with paper towels. Cook and shred the chicken breast and set aside.
- Place the prebaked pizza crust on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Spread ½ of the barbecue sauce evenly over the crust, leaving a little room at the edges. Toss the shredded chicken in the remaining barbecue sauce and distribute evenly over the pizza. Add the chopped red onion, and then sprinkle the grated smoked gouda cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes. The cheese should be melted and bubbly when it’s finished cooking. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
All of our products are packaged by hand in our Santa Fe warehouse and delivered straight to your door, in a reusable cooler with dry ice for optimal freshness. Our team is more than happy to help with any questions you may have, from helping you select items for your order to assisting with cooking tips and recipe ideas. Feel free to reach out, and know that each time you call our offices you’ll be directly connected with one of our friendly team members here in Santa Fe.