Recipe: Maple Dijon Mustard Salmon With Wild Boar Bacon
If you’ve been wondering if there’s a way that you could make our king salmon fillets even more incredible, look no further. It’s a tried and true method of enhancing almost any food - putting our best selling wild boar bacon on top. This unique surf & turf inspired recipe takes the robust flavor of maple syrup (make sure to get the good stuff) and the smoky flavor of the bacon combined with our rich, flaky and luxurious wild caught Alaskan king salmon fillets.
Wild Caught Salmon From Fishermen We Know By Name
All of our fish are caught using a hook and fishing line. They never go through the machinery that salmon canneries use, which negatively affects the taste and texture of the fish. Most commercially caught fish also sit around on the boat before being bled out, which negatively affects the taste and quality of the meat. These salmon are bled right away on the boat - the way they should be. This method results in the most premium and flavorful salmon you can get. Each fillet is then immediately pressure sealed and flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
With these methods, having our flash frozen salmon delivered to you is actually highly preferable to buying fresh, unfrozen salmon unless you happen to be or live next door to a skilled fisherman. And even if that’s the case, the waters we source from off the Alaskan coast are some of the most pristine on the planet, making it very unlikely to find better fish anywhere else.
Pristine Wild Caught Alaskan King Salmon
King salmon, also known by the native name Chinook, are the largest species of salmon in the Pacific. This species is highly sought after for both its size as well as its incredible quality. The meat of the king salmon is tender, soft, meaty, flaky, and contains high levels of natural oils making it deliciously rich and buttery. If you’ve tasted it before, you understand why it’s considered the finest salmon meat.
Wild Boar Bacon Is The (Not So) Secret Ingredient
If you’ve never tried our wild boar bacon before, get ready to be obsessed. Bacon is already known for being one of the most delicious foods in existence. Our wild boars roam the forests of the Southwest, foraging their natural preferred diet of roots, nuts, berries and tubers. This gives our wild boar meat a nutty, complex flavor profile that has so much depth and dimension compared to conventional pork bacon. It’s also slightly less greasy than conventional bacon and contains more vitamins and minerals.
- 1 ½ pounds Wild Caught Alaskan King Salmon fillet
- Avocado oil for cooking
- 4 slices Wild Boar Bacon cooked & finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons good Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons robust maple syrup (Grade A or Grade B)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the king salmon fillet generously all over with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, mustard, and minced garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the maple Dijon mixture evenly all over the salmon.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle a little avocado oil in the bottom of the skillet as necessary.
- Cook the salmon fillet skin side down first. After about six minutes, flip the fillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes or just until the salmon is cooked through and flaky.
- When finished cooking, remove the salmon from the skillet and set aside. Top with the chopped wild boar bacon. Let rest for five minutes and enjoy immediately.
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To HelpAt Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat and seafood is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.