Maple Apple Cider Glazed Wild Boar Tenderloin Recipe
Our team here in Santa Fe frequently talks about how wild boar tenderloin is one of the hidden gems of our selections. Often overlooked, this cut of meat is incredibly delicious and some of our company favorite recipes use this choice cut as the star ingredient. This simple maple and apple cider glazed wild boar tenderloin is the perfect dinner item for chilly evenings as we say goodbye to summer and hello to fall. Once you try this amazing cut of meat, you’ll understand why we think it’s one of the best kept secrets of all the delicious products we offer.
A Delicious & Sustainable Choice
Our Southwestern wild boar roam the forests, foraging their natural diet. They love to eat berries, nuts, roots and tubers which give their meat its unique and delectable flavor profile. They’re trapped under the supervision of specialized veterinarians and butchered by a small scale, species specific facility. Just like all of our products, we care about where this meat comes from.
Wild boar are actually an invasive species to North America, and their population continues to grow. They ruin crops and disrupt the growth of endangered plants in forests by digging in the soil. When we eat humanely trapped wild boar meat it helps to protect our food supply and forest ecosystems. Our wild boars are butchered by species specific experts and as a result of their masterful skills, our wild boar meat is never gamey tasting.
Once You Go Wild Boar, You’ll Never Go Back
People are always asking us about the best ways to eat wild boar. If you’re used to eating pork, the nutty and delicious flavor of wild boar meat will blow your mind. It’s so much more flavorful and satisfying than conventional pork. Customers tell us all the time that they find themselves unable to go back to eating conventional pork after trying out this meat. In addition to the unbeatable flavor, wild boar meat offers a multitude of health benefits that blow pork out of the water. It’s lower in total fat and calories while offering more omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. We are big believers in the advantages of eating wild meat and the nutritional profile of wild boar is a perfect example of this.
- 1 pound wild boar tenderloin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup robust, dark maple syrup (grade A or grade B)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the tenderloin in half (so that it fits in the skillet). Season generously with sea salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the tenderloin on all sides.
- Transfer the wild boar tenderloin to a baking pan and roast the tenderloin until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 12 minutes.
- While the tenderloin is baking, make the sauce in the same cast iron skillet. Combine the apple cider or juice, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil and stir, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet and mix them into the sauce. Continue to cook, uncovered, for approximately 5 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken.
- When the tenderloin is finished cooking, remove and let rest for five minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with the maple apple cider sauce poured over the top.
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.