Pulled Wild Boar Sandwiches With Caramelized Pineapple
I love anything Hawaiian flavored, and these pulled wild boar shoulder sandwiches combine caramelized pineapple and tangy barbecue sauce for a flavor sensation that everyone will be raving about. The wild boar meat is slow cooked with plenty of spices and flavor packed ingredients to produce delicious, melt-in-your-mouth meat that makes for incredible sandwiches. The caramelized pineapple is so easy to make and adds that sweet island flavor that is completely irresistible. Our wild boar is unparalleled in flavor because we only work with small-scale master butchers.
Wild Boar Is One Of The Most Sustainable Meats Available
Our Southwestern wild boar roam the forests, foraging their natural diet. They love to eat berries, nuts, roots and tubers which give their meat its unique and delectable flavor profile. They’re trapped under the supervision of specialized veterinarians and butchered by a small scale, species specific facility. Just like all of our products, we care about where this meat comes from. Wild boar are actually an invasive species to North America, and their population continues to grow. They ruin crops and disrupt the growth of endangered plants in forests by digging in the soil. When we eat humanely trapped wild boar meat it helps to protect our food supply and forest ecosystems.
Expertly Butchered By Hand, Outstanding In Flavor
People are always asking us about the best ways to eat wild boar. If you’re used to eating pork, the nutty and delicious flavor of wild boar meat will blow your mind. It’s so much more flavorful and satisfying than conventional pork. Customers tell us all the time that they find themselves unable to go back to eating conventional pork after trying out this meat. In addition to the unbeatable flavor, wild boar meat offers a multitude of health benefits that blow pork out of the water. It’s lower in total fat and calories while offering more omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. We are big believers in the advantages of eating wild meat and the nutritional profile of wild boar is a perfect example of this.
- 4 lbs wild boar shoulder, chopped into 3-4 inch pieces
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 large cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- Juice of two limes
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Barbecue sauce of choice for serving
- Chopped cilantro for serving
- 1 whole pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Brioche buns for serving
- Add the wild boar shoulder, can of crushed pineapple, coconut aminos, chili powder, garlic powder, minced garlic, minced jalapenos, lime juice, ¾ of the red onion, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to the Instant Pot. Combine the ingredients and cook on the “Slow Cook” function (press the “adjust” button and set it to high) for five hours.
- After five hours, use forks to shred the wild boar meat apart. Stir to combine and season with sea salt to taste.
- Add the remaining ¼ of the red onion, diced whole pineapple, and 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar to a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir until the coconut sugar melts. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the pineapple begins to brown and the onion becomes tender and fragrant. Add water as necessary to the pan, cooking for approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat when finished cooking and set aside.
- Assemble the sandwiches on the brioche buns, consisting of approximately ⅓ cup of the slow cooked wild boar meat, topped with the caramelized pineapple, chopped cilantro and barbecue sauce of choice. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Helpful Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.