Wild Caught Alaskan King Salmon With Lemon, Garlic & Butter
This simple recipe is the perfect way to enjoy our incredible wild caught Alaskan king salmon fillets. This highly sought after variety of salmon is one of my personal favorites and this lemon, garlic and butter sauce is the perfect compliment to its amazing flavor. Besides being delicious, salmon has countless health benefits - it’s actually considered a superfood. We’re extremely excited to be able to offer this incredible fish, along with our other new Alaskan seafood selections. We’ve selectively sourced each item from fishermen our owners met while on essential business in Alaska.
Wild Caught Salmon From Fishermen We Know By Name
All of our fish are caught using a hook and fishing line. They never go through the machinery that salmon canneries use, which negatively affects the taste and texture of the fish. Most commercially caught fish also sit around on the boat before being bled out, which negatively affects the taste and quality of the meat. These salmon are bled right away on the boat - the way they should be. This method results in the most premium and flavorful salmon you can get. Each fillet is then immediately pressure sealed and flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
With these methods, having our flash frozen salmon delivered to you is actually highly preferable to buying fresh, unfrozen salmon unless you happen to be or live next door to a skilled fisherman. And even if that’s the case, the waters we source from off the Alaskan coast are some of the most pristine on the planet, making it very unlikely to find better fish anywhere else.
Pristine Wild Caught Alaskan King Salmon
King salmon, also known by the native name Chinook, are the largest species of salmon in the Pacific. This species is highly sought after for both its size as well as its incredible quality. The meat of the king salmon is tender, soft, meaty, flaky, and contains high levels of natural oils making it deliciously rich and buttery. If you’ve tasted it before, you understand why it’s considered the finest salmon meat.
- 1 pound of wild Alaskan king salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Prepare the lemon garlic sauce first. Heat the butter in a hot cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the crushed garlic to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Stir to incorporate into the melted butter.
- Add the water to the skillet and stir to combine thoroughly. Simmer for about a minute.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet, combine, and cook for about a minute.
- Add the coconut aminos to the skillet, combine and cook for a minute.
- Finally, add the honey, stir and simmer for approximately 2 minutes. Set the finished sauce aside.
- Score the skin side of the fish, making a few shallow incisions on each fillet.
- Drizzle avocado oil on the skin side of each salmon fillet.
- Use ½ teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground pepper inside the incisions. Use the remaining salt and pepper to season the flesh side of the fillets.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet. When hot, cook the salmon fillets skin side down and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the salmon fillets and cook on the flesh side for approximately 2-3 minutes. Transfer the cooked fish to a separate plate and let rest.
- Serve the salmon fillets skin side up and drizzle the sauce over the top. Enjoy immediately.
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.