Baked Alaskan Halibut With Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce
I’m so excited about our new seafood selections from Alaska. These are some of the most beautiful fish fillets I’ve ever seen, and the most delicious. Halibut is one of the tastiest fish out there, and the personal favorite of many Alaskan fishermen. This recipe is super fast to make and the creamy roasted garlic sauce really takes it to the next level. Broiling with the sauce over the top at the end really locks in extra moisture and flavor, making this recipe a success every time.
Line Caught By Fishermen We Know By Name
These huge fish are known for putting up a fight when they’re caught out of the ocean. Our halibut, along with our other seafood selections, are flash frozen straight out of the ocean on the fishing boats. This way, the fish are preserved at the peak of freshness, making this seafood even better than fresh seafood.
Just like the salmon, we personally know the fishermen who catch these halibut. We’ve seen everything about their practices from the way they catch the fish to the way they process the fish and the way their boats are kept. We feel so lucky to have connections that allow us to have relationships with the Alaskan fishermen who provide these premium seafood selections for us.
Halibut Is One Of The Most Sought After Fish For Eating
Halibut have a highly desirable white, firm and flaky flesh and are considered one of the most delicious fish to eat. In Alaska, halibut are known as the steak of the sea and are a highly sought after species of fish. They have a mild, light and sweet flavor that pairs well with an amazing variety of preparations. Some say it’s reminiscent of the flavor of crab. The taste is gentle and perfect for people who might not consider themselves lovers of eating fish. Halibut steaks tend to be nice and thick with a meaty, silky yet flaky texture that is satisfying and luxurious.
- 1 whole head of garlic
- ½ - ¾ tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 Wild Caught Alaskan Halibut Fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ - ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Lemon slices as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit to prepare for roasting the garlic.
- Slice the top off of the head of garlic to expose some of the inside. Remove the outermost layer of the peel and discard. Roast the garlic by wrapping it in aluminum foil and pouring avocado oil inside to coat it. Close the foil tightly around the head of garlic and roast for approximately 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve half of the roasted garlic for later use in other recipes. The other half will be used for flavoring the halibut.
- Make sure to thaw the halibut in advance. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahenheit.
- Melt the butter in an oven proof dish. Generously season the fish with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper on all sides.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and cook the fish for about 10 minutes. Check after 8 to avoid overcooking. The fish should be cooked all the way through but no more than necessary - just until the meat is opaque.
- Add the half head of garlic and mayonnaise to a high speed blender. Pulse to make a sauce.
- When the fish is finished cooking, smother the sauce all over the top generously.
- Turn the broiler on high and broil the fish and sauce for 3-4 minutes, or until the top is turning golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
As Always, Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.