Breakfast burritos are a staple here in New Mexico where Beck & Bulow is based. When I went to India for a month a couple years ago, these burritos were the one thing that I found myself fantasizing about eating when I got home (as much as I love Indian food). You’ll find breakfast burritos in every restaurant, coffee shop, and home kitchen. They’re the perfect portable, satisfying and filling breakfast to get you through your morning. It’s easy to wrap one up to send with a loved one as they leave for work for the day. And yes, they pair perfectly with a good cup of coffee. Hatch green chile can be somewhat difficult to find outside the southwest, but the good news is that we carry pork sausage with green chile already mixed in. These burritos are completely craveable and will become your new favorite for a quick breakfast.
Breakfast Brought To You By The Land Of Enchantment
I kept this recipe relatively simple, and it’s absolutely delicious without anything else added in. I am a big fan of potatoes in breakfast burritos, if you have them on hand and don’t mind the extra bit of time it takes to cook them. Similarly, you can also spend less time cooking the onions for a sharper onion flavor, more crunch and less time spent over the stove. The hatch chiles are spicy without packing a crazy amount of heat. If you like spicy food but don’t usually go for anything too extreme, you’ll probably love this sausage. Whether you’re New Mexico born and raised or have yet to visit the Land of Enchantment, these burritos will have you daydreaming about the sunny skies of the southwest.
Free Range Heritage Pork Raised On The Rio Grande River
Our heritage pork is raised completely free range on a beautiful small farm here in Northern New Mexico. Each animal has approximately one half acre of land. These pigs roam as they please, swimming in the Rio Grande river. The farm is a rehabilitation center for those struggling with drug addictions. The center features agricultural therapy through caring for and interacting with the pigs. These animals get daily interaction, treats and live a completely stress-free life. Living stress-free is important for all animals, but particularly essential for pigs because they are quite sensitive. This pork is USDA Certified and grain fed with a nutritionally balanced diet. The pigs consume a nutritionally ideal ratio of crude protein, crude fiber and plant fiber. They are, like all of our meat, completely hormone free.
- 1 pound green chile pork sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Salsa, sliced avocado and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Cook the sausage in a large cast iron skillet until it’s brown and cooked through. Remove the cooked sausage from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Set aside on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Pour off excess fat from the skillet, leaving just enough to sauté the chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, tender and fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the flour tortillas and cover to keep warm.
- Add the tablespoon of avocado oil to another cast iron skillet. Cook the eggs. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Construct the burritos by adding the warm sausage to the burritos, followed by onions and egg. Top with shredded cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, avocado slices and salsa as desired. Roll the burritos and serve immediately.
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.