Quick & Easy Fresh Baked Salmon With Cilantro & Lime
Wild caught salmon is so delicious, versatile and easy to prepare that it’s hard for me to imagine going a week without having it for dinner. It’s one of those things I absolutely loved to eat growing up that has stuck with me through my adult life. Salmon is a dish that’s really quick to prepare, yet will easily impress your friends and family. This simple baked recipe pairs our delicately flavored salmon with fresh cilantro and lime for a combination your taste buds will love.
An Effortless Yet Special Preparation
This salmon recipe is cooked low and slow in the oven (but not that slow, since fish cooks quickly). This method allows the salmon to soak up all of the fresh flavor of the garlic and lime juice. It’s an effortless yet fancy feeling meal that is perfect for both casual weeknights as well as special occasions.
The chopped cilantro garnish at the end adds bright, fresh flavor. If cilantro isn’t your thing, you could substitute with basil or leave it out altogether. Our wild caught sockeye salmon is so delicious, it doesn’t require much accompaniment anyways.
Wild Caught Vs Farmed
As with all fish, it’s very important to choose wild caught salmon over farmed. Farmed salmon are fed processed fish feed and exposed to large amounts of antibiotics, pesticides and other chemicals. Their nutritional value is vastly different from wild salmon. Farmed salmon contains much higher levels of fat (about three times as much) especially omega-6 fatty acids which most Americans already consume far too many of. It has 46% more calories, most of which are from fat. It’s also quite deficient in vitamins and minerals compared with wild caught salmon.
Wild Caught Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
Our sockeye salmon are 100% wild and never given any additives or antibiotics. These fish are prized for their outstanding flavor, oil content and vibrantly colored red orange flesh. They come from the pristine, cold waters of the Pacific off the coast of Alaska. This area has the greatest resources of wild salmon in the world. Our fishery is carefully managed for sustainability and returns tens of millions of salmon to these waters each year.
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil, grass fed ghee or melted bison tallow
- 1 package of wild caught Alaskan sockeye salmon fillet (approximately 1.5 pounds)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 limes cut into slices
- 1 large bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the oven by making sure one of the racks is in the center. Then, preheat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking dish with the avocado oil, melted bison tallow, or ghee.
- Place the salmon in the baking dish. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper on all sides. When it’s ready, place the fillet skin side down in the pan.
- Sprinkle the finely minced garlic on top of the salmon. Cut both of the limes in half and squeeze the juice of ½ a lime over the fish. Then, thinly slice the remaining 1 ½ limes and place the slices on top of the salmon fillet for baking. Drizzle two tablespoons of avocado oil, melted bison tallow or melted ghee over the salmon.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes, checking for doneness after 25. Thinner fillets will cook more quickly than thicker ones. The salmon should be cooked all the way through and flaky yet moist in texture. Or, you can use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature of the salmon. For medium-rare cook from 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit. For well done, cook to an internal temperature of 135-145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the salmon is finished cooking, remove from the oven. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes. Use this time to chop up the cilantro. Sprinkle the fresh cilantro all over the cooked salmon before serving.
We’re Excited To Offer Quality Seafood
We’re excited to offer this delicious salmon, along with wild caught sea scallops to satisfy the many requests we’ve received to carry seafood. As always, we’re committed to quality, ethical sourcing and the most outstanding flavor.
If you’re in the market for some meat that comes from the land, check out our selections of bison, elk, wild boar, lamb, grass fed beef and chicken. All of our products are packaged by hand in our Santa Fe warehouse and delivered straight to your door, in a reusable cooler with dry ice for optimal freshness.