Duck Bacon & Sea Scallop Skewers with Grilled Vegetables
You might be familiar with our incredible wild boar bacon, and we are excited to announce our latest bacon offering that we know you’re going to love just as much. We now carry duck bacon, because who could possibly say no to two delicious, ethically sourced and healthy varieties of bacon?
Duck bacon is much lower in fat than conventional pork bacon, and it has amazing flavor and succulent texture. This recipe combines decadent duck bacon with our delicate, luxurious wild caught Cape Cod sea scallops for a truly delectable summertime grilling experience.
Duck Bacon: Your New Favorite Indulgence
Duck bacon is actually meat cut from the breast of the duck where there is a large amount of fat. Nonetheless, it’s incredibly similar in texture and flavor to more familiar varieties of bacon. Our ducks are raised in quiet, spacious barns on a small group of farms in rural Indiana. They are often raised by Mennonite or Amish farmers, and are lovingly cared for on family farms. They are White Perks ducks, bred for their tender, mild flavored meat that is preferred by most people with an Americanized palette. This duck meat easily adapts to a wide range of flavor profiles and cuisines.
Uniquely Fresh & Delicious Scallops From Cape Cod
Our Cape Cod scallops have a uniquely sweet and light flavor from the extremely cold sea water they live in. They are shucked at sea immediately upon being caught and are the largest scallops you can get. They’re perfect for any dish or preparation and are a beautiful light beige in color. Scallops are sought after for their delicate taste and texture, considered by many to be one of the ultimate luxuries in seafood. They’re actually extremely easy to prepare, but impressive and special enough for your most memorable occasions.
Large In Size, Versatile And Perfect For Grilling
There’s two varieties of scallops, sea scallops and bay scallops. Sea scallops are around three times larger than the bay variety. There is a system of size classification for scallops that indicates how many are needed to make a pound. Ours are U/10, indicating that ten or less are required for a one pound weight. They are incredibly versatile and easy to cook. For large scallops like these, searing or grilling is typically one of the easiest and tastiest options. They have a rich, buttery, slightly sweet and oceany flavor that is complex and elegant.
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks big enough to skewer
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped into chunks big enough to skewer
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into thick discs
- 2 pounds wild caught Cape Cod sea scallops
- 6 slices duck bacon, sliced into chunks for skewering
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to let them soak in water for 30 minutes to an hour prior to use.
- Use 4 skewers for the vegetables, alternating between the green bell pepper, red onion and zucchini slices. Season them generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Season the scallops with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Skewer them, alternating scallops with pieces of duck bacon.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Cook the kebabs, flipping about every two minutes. Take care not to overcook the scallops, as it can happen very quickly. As soon as they are opaque all the way through, they’re finished cooking. Any longer will ruin the texture and result in tough scallops. The vegetable skewers will take longer to cook.
- Remove the kebabs from the grill. Serve immediately.
We’re excited to offer this delicious duck bacon, along with the scallops and salmon we recently began stocking to satisfy the many requests we’ve received to carry seafood. As always, we’re committed to quality, ethical sourcing and the most outstanding flavor. Check out our selections of bison, elk, wild boar, lamb, grass fed beef and chicken. We work only with old world style butchers, masters of their craft who handle every cut with care and precision. All of our meat is flash frozen and pressure sealed immediately upon butchering to preserve it perfectly at the peak of freshness.
All of our products are packaged by hand in our Santa Fe warehouse and delivered straight to your door, in a reusable cooler with dry ice for optimal freshness. Our team is more than happy to help with any questions you may have, from helping you select items for your order to assisting with cooking tips and recipe ideas. Feel free to reach out, and know that each time you call our offices you’ll be directly connected with one of our friendly team members here in Santa Fe.