Recipe: Creamy Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Our delicious chicken breast is the perfect vehicle for fillings of all kinds. This creamy spinach and feta filling is sure to be a hit, full of flavor and the perfect autumn comfort food. The best part is, it feels indulgent without being too heavy. The filling helps keep the chicken breast moist and tender, soaking up all of the goodness and becoming perfectly golden brown in the oven. These are mouthwatering, to say the least. If you’d like a creamier version, feel free to substitute cream cheese instead of sour cream. Serve with salad, mashed potatoes or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
Chicken That Is Naturally Delicious
The best part is, our chicken breasts stay moist and tender the natural way. What a lot of people don’t realize is that a lot of chicken purchased in stores has been injected with saline to appear plump and fresh. As part of the USDA Never Ever 3 program, our chicken is never given any antibiotics, steroids or growth hormones. Furthermore, it is never injected or altered in any way after butchering. There are chemicals infused into the very packaging of most store bought chicken. Our packaging is free of any additives or chemicals, making this chicken something you can feel great about purchasing for yourself and your family.
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a small co-op of family farms, raised in sunny Colorado.
Sourced From A Co-Op Of Family Farms
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 packages chicken breasts
- Thaw the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Pat dry and let sit at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the feta cheese, spinach, garlic salt, green onions and sour cream.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut a slit all the way down each chicken breast. Make it lengthwise and deep enough to make a nice pocket for the filling. Season the outside of the chicken breasts with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the filling mixture, distributing it evenly throughout the chicken breasts.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Cook the chicken breasts, working in batches if necessary, until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer the whole skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. The chicken should be cooked all the way through - juices should run clear and a meat thermometer should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Helpful Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.