Okay, these cheeseburger sliders are officially one of my new favorite go-to recipes. They’re so much easier to make for a crowd of people than individual burger patties on the grill. The meat is juicy with the perfect amount of seasoning and golden brown onions. If you grew up eating Whitecastle or Krystal burgers, these will take you back but they’re infinitely better than those classic fast food versions. With this recipe, you can make 24 sliders all at the same time. Soft Hawaiian style rolls are my favorite, and brushing them with butter makes them so delicious and perfectly golden.
You Can’t Go Wrong With Cheeseburger Sliders
If you want to add more toppings to the sliders after they cook, I’d recommend putting all of the cheese on the bottom and skipping the extra layer on top. However, the cheese on both sides of the meat really helps to seal in all the juices and prevent the buns from getting soggy. Next time I make these, I think I might try mixing some pickle relish into the meat. Dipping sauces are awesome with these, too. I just used ketchup and mustard, but feel free to get creative!
Help Bring Back The American Buffalo
Our bison live free range on 10,000 beautiful acres here in New Mexico, or roam freely on our carefully selected partner ranches. They are pasture raised and never administered any amount of hormones, steroids or antibiotics. These are powerful, strong animals that live essentially wild with minimal handling. There were once 60 million bison (buffalo) roaming North America, and we hope to see their numbers increase back to even 1 million during our lifetime. By increasing the demand for ethically sourced bison meat, we can help to bolster their population. The more people that want to purchase this nourishing and nutrient dense meat, the more farmers will be encouraged to raise bison. This directly helps to increase the number of herds which assists in providing genetic diversity for the population.
- 2 lbs ground bison
- ½ tablespoon bison tallow
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ large onion, diced
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with a little extra butter, tallow or cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the ½ tablespoon bison tallow in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook for a minute or two, then add in the ground bison meat. Break the meat up into crumbles as it cooks. Add in the sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Combine and cook, stirring frequently just until the meat is browned. Remove from the heat. Pour off any excess fat from the skillet and stir in the mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half. Put the bottom half of the buns into the prepared baking sheet. Add six slices of sharp cheddar cheese on top. Add the meat on top, spreading into an even layer and cleaning up the edges. Add the rest of the cheese slices on top.
- Finish off the burgers with the top halves of the buns. Brush melted butter over the buns and immediately sprinkle the sesame seeds on top while the butter is still hot.
- Bake the sliders in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes. The cheese should be completely melted.
- To serve, slice the sliders apart and remove with a spatula. Serve with ketchup and mustard or whatever condiments you desire. Enjoy!
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.