Lunch Recipe: Bison Butter Burgers You Need To Try
This unique recipe for an easy and super satisfying lunch combines our delicious ground bison meat with the extra richness of either grass fed butter or our pasture raised bison tallow. Tallow is the rendered bison fat, and ours is of limited availability and made by hand in small batches. If you see it in stock, be sure to purchase before it disappears! Either way, the extra fat added to this recipe makes our already irresistible bison burgers even more delicious. Order our best selling ground bison from the best online meat supplier out there.
Beck & Bulow: Your Quality Meat Delivery Service
Our bison live free range on 20,000 beautiful acres here in New Mexico, or roam freely on our carefully selected partner ranches. They are pasture raised and never administered any amount of hormones, steroids or antibiotics. These are powerful, strong animals that live essentially wild with minimal handling. There were once 60 million bison roaming North America, and we hope to see their numbers increase back to even 1 million during our lifetime.
By increasing the demand for ethically sourced bison meat, we can help to bolster their population. The more people that want to purchase this nourishing and nutrient dense meat, the more farmers will be encouraged to raise bison. This directly helps to increase the number of herds which assists in providing genetic diversity for the population.
Order Meat Online From Quality Butchers
When you purchase bison meat online from Beck & Bulow, you know you’re getting meat with amazing nutritional value. This meat is lower in cholesterol and fat, yet higher in protein, omega 3’s, vitamins, and minerals. Not to mention, the addition of grass fed butter or bison tallow adds an extra dose of the kinds of fats that help our bodies and brains to function better. These fats help to sustain energy levels, enhance brain activity and assist with weight loss.
Buy Quality Steaks & Meat Online From Beck & Bulow
If you’re not familiar with the terms bison and buffalo in North America, here’s the difference in a nutshell. Although American bison is the proper name for these animals, buffalo has become an interchangeable nickname and this word is deeply rooted in American culture. We like both terms, but love the historical richness of the term buffalo. Either way, if you’re in the United States, both names refer to our shaggy brown friends with the humped backs. True water or cape buffalo exist in Asia and Africa. Order fresh meat for delivery from Beck & Bulow.
Also Read: Bison Meat: A Potent Sexual Health Tonic
Essentially Wild American Buffalo Meat From Beck & Bulow
- 2 sticks of cold grass fed butter, or 8 ounces of room temperature bison tallow (so that it’s solid in form)
- 3 pounds of Beck & Bulow ground bison (3 packages)
- Sea salt
- Cheese for the burgers, if desired
- High quality buns (we prefer brioche)
- Desired toppings for the burgers. Lettuce, tomato, onions, cooked wild boar bacon, etc.
Also Read: Bison Tallow: The Impressive Health Benefits
- Grate the butter or bison tallow. You want it to be in chunks that are of a similar texture to the ground meat. Use the large holes on a grater, and if you’re using butter make sure it’s very cold. If using tallow, scoop out large spoonfuls to work with. You could also coarsely chop the butter or tallow with a knife.
- Next, form the burger patties. Mix the ground bison with the butter or tallow in a large bowl. Quickly fold the meat and fat together with either your hands or a large spatula. Be careful not to spend too long, or the heat from your hands can cause the butter or tallow to melt. Shape the mixture into 8 burger patties.
- Set the prepared patties aside on a large platter and season with salt. If using salted butter, adjust accordingly. Make sure to season both sides of each burger patty.
- If cooking the burgers on a grill, heat it to medium high. You can also use a cast iron pan on the stove, again over medium high heat.
- Whether using the grill or the stove, cook for about 3 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned on the outside. We always recommend cooking bison burgers to medium rare, in order to fully experience the flavor and tenderness of this delicious meat. If using cheese, put it on top of the patties during the last minute of cooking to give it a chance to melt.
At Beck & Bulow, we’re proud to provide our customers with the most delicious and impeccably sourced meat available. Check out our selections of bison, elk, wild boar, grass fed beef, lamb and chicken. Place your order today from the best place to buy meat online.