American Wagyu Beef Keto Blend, Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
This easy casserole really has it all - the beefy flavor of American Wagyu, a creamy sauce, melted cheese and crisp broccoli. This is a recipe intended for fitting the macros of a ketogenic diet. If you’re not following keto and would prefer to lighten it up a bit, you can easily substitute the ground keto blend for our regular ground beef, bison or elk, half and half instead of the cream and sour cream instead of cream cheese. Either way, this quick dinner is convenient and will not disappoint when it comes to flavor. The rich and creamy sauce is satisfying and decadent, and the classic combination of broccoli and cheese is always a winner.
What Is The Keto Diet?
This diet was developed mainly as a treatment for epilepsy in children that has been found to be highly effective in reducing seizures. However, many people who follow a ketogenic diet are not epliptic and do so for other reported benefits. The goal of a ketogenic diet is to go into ketosis, a state in which your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs. Ketosis requires a pretty specific balance of nutrients. Little to no carbohydrates are permitted. The majority of calories should come from fat, with adequate protein intake. Many people report feeling mental clarity and improved energy levels while following keto. It’s been shown to be quite effective for weight loss, as well as lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
For anyone following keto or looking to add more healthy fat to their diet, we’ve got the perfect ground beef blend to cook with. Specifically formulated for keto macros, this American Wagyu ground beef has a 60:40 lean to fat ratio. The flavor and texture are outstanding and it’s a pleasure to cook with. A ground blend like this will help you reach your fat requirement for the day, and it makes for some seriously delicious meals.
Pasture Raised American Wagyu Beef
Our beef is completely free range, raised on our beautiful ranch just outside of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The cows are a variety of American Wagyu that resulted from breeding Japanese Wagyu cows with American Angus. The result is flavorful, tender cuts of beef that look and taste amazing. These cows live essentially wild, roaming free on a wide open expanse of beautiful land in northern New Mexico. There is a stream running through the ranch, lots of trees and absolutely stunning scenery nestled in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. They are pasture raised and true to Japanese tradition, have access to high quality grain as they desire.
- 1 pound ground American Wagyu Beef Keto Blend
- 3 ounces cultured cream cheese
- ½ cup bison bone broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ pounds broccoli florets, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the ground bison in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meat just until browned. Drain off any excess fat from the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and simmer until it thickens noticeably.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli, then top it off with the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through, broccoli is tender and the cheese is melted.
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.