These delightfully sticky, crispy chicken wings deliver a kick of spicy sweet Asian flavor that everyone will absolutely love. This addictive flavor combination is sure to get an enthusiastic response and you’ll find yourself making these delicious wings time and time again. Better yet, they don’t even require frying. Kids and adults alike will rave about this casual yet scrumptious dinner.
Meat That Comes From The Best Sourcing
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Happy Chickens Raised Naturally And Humanely
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 3 packages of chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons sea salt + extra
- ½ teaspoon pepper + extra
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste (you can find it in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Thaw the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Let sit out at room temperature for approximately 20-30 minutes before cooking. Remove from packaging and pat gently dry thoroughly with paper towels. This is a necessary step to prevent too much baking powder from being absorbed by the wings (but you want them to absorb the perfect amount to turn out nice and crispy).
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking tray with a large oven safe rack set on top.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and add in the baking powder, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Combine thoroughly. Remove chicken wings from the coating and set aside.
- Arrange the wings on top of the rack and baking sheet with the skin side facing up. Cook the wings on the bottom rack of the oven for half an hour.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Move the wings to the top rack of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until they’re golden brown and perfectly crispy. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Add the avocado oil, ginger, sweet chili sauce, agave, coconut sugar, soy sauce, lemongrass paste, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Keep at a boil for approximately 5-10 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce down. When it begins to thicken slightly, remove from the heat.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in the wings and then pour the sauce over carefully, being mindful of it’s extremely hot temperature. Use a large spoon to evenly distribute the sauce throughout the wings. Top with sesame seeds or chopped green onions if desired.
Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.