Do you find yourself craving barbecue (BBQ) brisket in the winter months? I know I do – luckily, there are some easy ways to make delicious brisket without stepping foot outside in the cold. The Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to cook meat, especially slow cook cuts. It’s so time efficient and the meat comes out incredibly tender every time. Brisket is a perfect candidate for this cook method. If you have a really large cut of brisket, just slice it down enough that it fits easily into the pot. You can always put extra uncooked brisket in a sealed container and refreeze for later use. This brisket makes the best sandwiches or can stand on its own as the main dish with some yummy sides. Use your favorite barbecue sauce and definitely don’t skip the spice rub! Marinating overnight is best but a couple hours will do if you’re short on time.
Free Range Bison, Raised The Way Nature Intended
Our bison live free range on 20,000 beautiful acres here in New Mexico, or roam freely on our carefully selected partner ranches. They are pasture raised and never administered any amount of hormones, steroids or antibiotics. These are powerful, strong animals that live essentially wild with minimal handling. There were once 60 million bison roaming North America, and we hope to see their numbers increase back to even 1 million during our lifetime. By increasing the demand for ethically sourced bison meat, we can help to bolster their population. The more people that want to purchase this nourishing and nutrient dense meat, the more farmers will be encouraged to raise bison. This directly helps to increase the number of herds which assists in providing genetic diversity for the population.
Pasture Raised American Wagyu Beef
Our beef is completely free range, raised on our beautiful ranch just outside of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The cows are a variety of American Wagyu that resulted from breeding Japanese Wagyu cows with American Angus. The result is flavorful, tender cuts of beef that look and taste amazing. These cows live essentially wild, roaming free on a wide open expanse of beautiful land in northern New Mexico. There is a stream running through the ranch, lots of trees and absolutely stunning scenery nestled in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. They are pasture raised and true to Japanese tradition, have access to high quality grain as they desire.
- 2 lbs bison brisket or American Wagyu beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons green chile powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce of choice
- ½ cup bison bone broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Mix together all of the seasoning ingredients (everything except for the barbecue sauce, bone broth, sliced onion and minced garlic) in a small bowl. Generously rub the mixture all over the brisket. Cover or wrap the meat and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When the brisket has finished marinating, place it in the Instant Pot. Add barbecue sauce and ½ cup bison bone broth.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and use the High Pressure setting for 1 hour 20 minutes. When it’s finished cooking, carefully release the pressure on the Instant Pot. When completed, remove the lid and place the brisket on a cutting board. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the brisket into thin slices against the grain. Serve with barbecue sauce served generously over top.
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.