Kid Friendly Lunch Recipe: Open Faced Pizza Burgers
These open faced pizza burgers will be a huge hit whether you’re preparing lunch for your kids, or just want a delicious throwback for yourself. If you were a fan of mini open faced pizza bites back in the day, these are the upgraded, modern version with the ingredients stepped up to create a truly delightful, easy pizza lunch. What really makes this recipe so delicious is our 100% grass fed New Mexican beef. Customers tell us all the time that ours is the best beef they’ve ever tasted, and we completely agree.
Also Read: Bison vs. Beef: The Benefits of Replacing Beef with Bison in Your Diet
Beck & Bulow: Your Quality Meat Delivery Service
With the addition of our grass fed beef, this meaty take on a cheesy pizza classic is more filling, nutritious and all around satisfying. It transforms this meal from a glorified snack to proper sustenance that will give you sustained energy. The health benefits of pasture raised meat are plentiful. We decided to start carrying beef due to popular demand. Our customers wanted well sourced beef in alignment with our impeccable quality standards, and we delivered.
100% Grass Fed & Finished Meat From Beck & Bulow
Our cattle are raised about an hour outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico. The cows here roam freely with extremely minimal handling. They’re as close to wild as it gets. For those familiar with New Mexico, it might sound surprising that there’s so much lush green grass for them to graze on.
These fields are naturally irrigated by a sparkling river flowing with ice melt from the Sangre de Cristo mountains. As you might guess, this means the grass is incredibly pure and nutritious. Our cattle enjoy the shade of large trees, blue sunny skies and direct access to this river. Order the most high quality meat available from Beck & Bulow.
Also Read: Grass-Fed & Finished Beef: Our Latest Offering
Order Ethically Raised Meat Hand Cut At Our Local Butcher Shop
At Beck & Bulow, we’re passionate about sustainable meat that’s good for the planet, nutrient rich and delicious. Grass fed beef and other pastured meats (such as our bison, elk, wild boar and lamb) contain more vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and antioxidants than any other food. Our meat is completely free of hormones, steroids and chemicals. It’s an investment in your health and a powerful preventative for disease. Get the most delicious grass fed meat, available online for delivery.
Beyond Organic Meat For Delivery Straight To Your Door
As if that wasn’t enough, there’s the incredible taste. Grass-fed meat is far more flavorful because the animals consume a natural diet rich in minerals and nutrients. If you’ve never tried meat that tastes the way nature intended, your mind is going to be blown. Browse our selections of 100% grass fed & finished meat today and place an order for delivery straight to your door. We’re excited for you to taste and feel the difference.
- 4 english muffins, halved
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or bison tallow
- 1 pound ground beef or ground beef primal blend
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic
- ½ chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce and extra for dipping if desired
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Italian blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, with an oven rack positioned about six inches below the broiling element. You’ll need this placement to melt the cheese properly later.
- Place the halved English muffins on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about five minutes. Remove and set aside. Meanwhile, turn on the broiler.
- In a cast iron skillet (or whatever you have handy), heat the tablespoon of avocado oil or bison tallow. When hot, cook the diced onion until softened and fragrant. Add the ground beef, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Combine and cook until the meat is browned and cooked to your liking, around 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pizza sauce and continue cooking until the mixture begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the English muffins. Sprinkle generously with cheese and chopped basil leaves.
- Broil to melt the cheese (one to two minutes), then serve with extra sauce for dipping if desired.
We work with local butchers who are masters of their craft. Every cut of meat is done by hand with expertise and careful attention. We think you’ll be extremely pleased with how this extraordinary beef looks, tastes, and most importantly the way it makes you feel. Check out our online selections today of grass fed beef, bison, elk, lamb, wild boar and chicken today.