Shrimp scampi is of Italian origins but truly came into existence as we know it today when it was adapted by Italian immigrants to the United States. There are many variations on this dish, but this rendition stays close to Italian tradition with lemon, garlic butter and parsley. I think this is the best shrimp scampi I’ve ever had because of the excellent flavor and texture of our wild blue Mexican shrimp. This recipe is super quick to throw together and perfect for a light yet super satisfying dinner.
Fair Trade Certified Wild Caught Blue Mexican Shrimp
Wild caught Mexican blue shrimp are renowned for the excellent, sweet flavor and tender yet crisp texture. They’re large in size and have a beautiful blue hue when uncooked. They are caught using the most sustainable methods in existence for harvesting shrimp. Fishermen use small-scale sailboats and an artisanal technique known as suripera. This method involves using the wind and tides to skillfully drift a highly selective net, resulting in the lowest fuel consumption and bycatch rates in the world.
Ethically Sourced Seafood Has Never Been More Important
Bycatch is the term for marine animals, like dolphins, turtles and others, who are harmed in the process of fishing for seafood. Additionally, these are the only Fair Trade certified shrimp on the planet. It’s never been more important than it is now to choose seafood options that are conscious of environmental impact. Our sources go above and beyond industry standards taking care every step of the way to protect the oceans, the wildlife and their employees.
Wild Blue Mexican Shrimp Are Sustainable And Healthy
Only about 10% of shrimp eaten in the United States are wild caught, and ours make up an incredibly small percentage that are truly environmentally conscious in every way. This makes shrimp an incredibly sustainable protein source to add into your diet, and there are many health benefits of these tasty crustaceans. Aside from offering a whopping 24 grams of protein per 100 grams of shrimp, they’re also full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They’re a great source of magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron, selenium and manganese. They’re extremely low carb making them a great choice for anyone monitoring their carbohydrate intake. Shrimp are great for weight loss and packed full of nourishment and energy.
- 1 pound Wild Blue Mexican Shrimp
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅔ of the zest from one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Grated asiago cheese
- Thaw and peel all the shrimp. Cut each one in half along the midline and set aside.
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the butter and avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, minced garlic and shrimp to the pan. Cook just until the shrimp turn pink – it should only take a couple minutes. Be careful not to overcook or they’ll become tough. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and zest, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid reduces a bit. Add the shrimp back to the pan and combine just until they’re hot. Remove the scampi from the pan and set aside.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls for serving. Top with the shrimp, sauce and grated asiago cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy immediately.
Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.