This is the perfect homemade pad thai for when I want something that’s even better than takeout and quick to make. Omitting some of the more difficult to find ingredients means you probably already have most of the items you need in your kitchen. The fish sauce is absolutely essential for an authentic pad thai flavor, so don’t omit it! You could also make this with chopped chicken breast or thighs and have delicious results. I decided to use our wild blue Mexican shrimp, and was definitely not disappointed - it makes for a really yummy meal.
Shrimp Are A Sustainable And Healthy Protein
Only about 10% of shrimp eaten in the United States are wild caught, and ours make up an incredibly small percentage that are truly environmentally conscious in every way. This makes shrimp an incredibly sustainable protein source to add into your diet, and there are many health benefits of these tasty crustaceans. Aside from offering a whopping 24 grams of protein per 100 grams of shrimp, they’re also full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They’re a great source of magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron, selenium and manganese. They’re extremely low carb making them a great choice for anyone monitoring their carbohydrate intake. Shrimp are great for weight loss and packed full of nourishment and energy.
Fair Trade Certified Wild Caught Blue Mexican Shrimp
Wild caught blue Mexican shrimp are renowned for the excellent, sweet flavor and tender yet crisp texture. They’re large in size and have a beautiful blue hue when uncooked. They are caught using the most sustainable methods in existence for harvesting shrimp. Fishermen use small-scale sailboats and an artisanal technique known as suripera. This method involves using the wind and tides to skillfully drift a highly selective net, resulting in the lowest fuel consumption and bycatch rates in the world.
Bycatch is the term for marine animals, like dolphins, turtles and others, who are harmed in the process of fishing for seafood. Additionally, these are the only Fair Trade certified shrimp on the planet. It’s never been more important than it is now to choose seafood options that are conscious of environmental impact. Our sources go above and beyond industry standards taking care every step of the way to protect the oceans, the wildlife and their employees.
- 8 oz wide rice noodles
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound Wild Blue Mexican Shrimp, peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. Strain and set aside.
- Whisk together the lime juice, coconut sugar, fish sauce, coconut aminos and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add in the red bell pepper and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two until fragrant.
- Add the peeled shrimp to the pan. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook just until pink, approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Move the shrimp and vegetables to one side of the skillet. Pour the lightly beaten eggs into the other side, scrambling just enough that they begin to set. Add the cooked noodles to the pan and combine. Pour in the reserved lime juice mixture and combine thoroughly, coating the noodles.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts to serve. Enjoy immediately.
Feel Free To Reach Out To Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.