The Best Ever Perfectly Seasoned Sizzling Bison Fajitas
Our bison fajita strips are one of our best selling items. They’re the ultimate ingredient for a quick, delicious dinner with a lot of flavor. Fajitas are fresh, flavorful, healthy and simple to prepare. Some people just use store bought fajita seasoning mix, but we find that the results are always that much better when you create the marinade yourself.
Bison meat is incredibly tender and flavorful, and combines beautifully with the Southwestern flavors that fajitas are known for. One of the most common questions we get from our customers is whether there’s a difference between bison and buffalo. In the United States, buffalo has become an interchangeable nickname for the American bison. For the best buffalo meat you’ve ever had, place your order for delivery today.
Beck & Bulow: Your Quality Meat Delivery Service
Our bison is always ethically sourced, coming from our beautiful 20,000 acre ranch here in New Mexico and occasionally from our carefully selected partner ranches. These animals live in harmony with nature, essentially wild and engaging in all of their natural instinctual behaviors.
They are minimally handled and treated with respect. This meat is flavorful, tender and delicious. If you’ve never tried it before, it has a very similar flavor to grass-fed beef, with a touch of sweetness. If you like beef, you’re going to love bison. We’re proud to supply this meat, and offer convenient delivery straight to your door.
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons green chile powder (or just regular chili powder), divided
- Juice of three limes
- 5-6 tablespoons avocado oil, divided (you may find you need extra on top of this)
- 1 package of bison fajita strips - the best quality meat you can get
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 medium bell peppers of any color, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 2 medium onions sliced thin
- 12 corn tortillas (we recommend organic corn)
- Guacamole (or sliced avocados), lettuce, shredded Mexican blend cheese, chopped cilantro and extra limes for serving
Purchase Pasture Raised Bison Meat Online From Beck & Bulow
- Combine the minced chipotle in adobo, garlic, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil and one teaspoon of the green chile powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Season the fajita strips with salt and pepper to taste. Then, place them in the bowl of marinade. Make sure to coat them thoroughly and set aside to soak in all the flavor for 30 minutes to an hour. No need to refrigerate for this step, the meat will cook better if it’s left at room temperature.
- Prep the tortillas by warming them in a skillet over medium heat. Set them aside and cover with a towel to hold in the heat.
- When the appropriate time has passed, take the fajita strips out of the marinade mix and pat them dry using paper towels. The rest of the marinade can be discarded.
Beck & Bulow: The Best Meat Delivery Service
- Add one tablespoon of avocado oil to a large cast iron pan. Use medium-high heat until the oil starts to shimmer and smoke a bit.
- Add fajita strips to the pan (you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your pan). Sear for a minute before flipping, continuing the process approximately four times, or until the strips have a nice flavorful crust on them. Transfer the meat to a plate or cutting board and loosely cover to rest. Order bison fajita strips from the best place to buy meat online.
- Add a couple more tablespoons of avocado oil (however much is needed to cook the vegetables) to the pan and heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add the onion, bell peppers and ½ teaspoon of green chile powder to the pan. Season with salt to taste. Cook for about fifteen minutes, stirring as needed, until the vegetables are softened and fragrant. While they’re cooking, you can utilize this time to prepare the toppings for serving and slice the fajita meat into ½ inch strips. Order meat online from quality butchers and experience the Beck & Bulow difference.
- To assemble, add the sliced fajita meat to the pan with the vegetables to allow it to heat back up. Distribute the fajita filling mixture into the corn tortillas, then top with the guacamole (or sliced avocados), chopped cilantro, lime wedges, shredded cheese and lettuce.