This cast iron skillet wild boar tenderloin recipe stars a simple homemade teriyaki sauce that you’ll love. If you haven’t tried our wild boar tenderloin yet, it’s one of the team’s favorite cuts. I love how quickly they cook and how meltingly tender they are. The flavor is incredible, and it’s such a versatile cut for anything from casual dinners to something super fancy for the holidays. This skillet dinner would be perfect paired with stir fried veggies or a salad. It’s ready in no time and kids and adults alike will love it – this one will be on your regular rotation for easy weeknight dinners in no time.
Wild Boar Is One Of The Most Sustainable Meats Available
Our Southwestern wild boar roam the forests, foraging their natural diet. They love to eat berries, nuts, roots and tubers which give their meat its unique and delectable flavor profile. They’re trapped under the supervision of specialized veterinarians and butchered by a small scale, species specific facility. Just like all of our products, we care about where this meat comes from. Wild boar are actually an invasive species to North America, and their population continues to grow. They ruin crops and disrupt the growth of endangered plants in forests by digging in the soil. When we eat humanely trapped wild boar meat it helps to protect our food supply and forest ecosystems.
Expertly Butchered By Hand, Outstanding In Flavor
People are always asking us about the best ways to eat wild boar. If you’re used to eating pork, the nutty and delicious flavor of wild boar meat will blow your mind. It’s so much more flavorful and satisfying than conventional pork. Customers tell us all the time that they find themselves unable to go back to eating conventional pork after trying out this meat.
In addition to the unbeatable flavor, wild boar meat offers a multitude of health benefits that blow pork out of the water. It’s lower in total fat and calories while offering more omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. We are big believers in the advantages of eating wild meat and the nutritional profile of wild boar is a perfect example of this. Our wild boar meat is unparalleled in flavor because we work with small-scale, species specific master butchers who know how to properly process this meat.
- 2 wild boar tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon bison tallow
- Chopped green onions for garnish if desired
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, avocado oil and coconut sugar. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the wild boar tenderloins all over with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Coat thoroughly in the reserved sauce. Shake gently to remove excess and set aside on a plate.
- Add the tablespoon of bison tallow to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add in the tenderloins and brown on all sides. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining sauce on top of the wild boar tenderloins. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow the tenderloins to rest for approximately five minutes before slicing and serving. Spoon the rest of the sauce from the skillet over top and garnish with chopped green onions. Enjoy immediately.
Don’t Hesitate To Reach Out To Our Helpful Team
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.