These tandoori chicken thighs are aromatic, flavorful and delicious. They require a little bit of preparation in order to marinate the chicken adequately, but they’re super easy and a perfect summer recipe for cooking on the grill. Our succulent, juicy chicken thighs take this tandoori chicken to the next level and the creamy, spicy marinade infuses deeply into the meat so that this dish is bursting with flavor. Chicken thighs are such a versatile ingredient. Though they’re delicious with little adornment, it’s nice to have some solidly delectable options in your repertoire.
Meat From Sourcing You’ll Feel Great About
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious chicken from a co-op of family farms, locally raised in sunny Colorado.
Happy Chickens Raised Naturally And Humanely
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 3 tablespoons bison tallow or grass fed ghee + more for greasing the grill
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup grass fed plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 packages chicken thighs
- Let the chicken thighs thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the skin if desired.
- Heat the bison tallow or ghee in a small cast iron pan over medium heat. Add in the cumin, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and cayenne and stir frequently for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant. This activates the spices and infuses the oil with flavor. Pour into a small dish to cool.
- Whisk together cooled spice mixture, yogurt, lemon juice, sea salt, and minced garlic and ginger.
- Cut 3-4 incisions in each of the chicken thighs down to the bone. This will allow the marinade to infuse deeply. Coat the thighs with the marinade, cover and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour and a maximum of eight hours.
- Before cooking, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat one side of the grill to medium-high. Leave the other side unheated.
- Grease the grill with ghee or bison tallow.
- Shake the excess marinade off each of the chicken thighs. Make sure they’re generously coated, but not dripping. Place them on the hot side of the grill.
- Cover the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the chicken thighs so that they can become seared and deeply browned on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to the cool side of the grill so they can cook over indirect heat. Cover the grill and leave the chicken thighs to cook for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of the thighs, until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (or until the juices run clear). Flip the chicken periodically while cooking.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or toasted naan.
Our Team Is Here To Serve You
Everyone on the team here at Beck & Bulow is passionate about providing people with quality meat. We’re here to help in whatever way you need, so feel free to reach out with questions or for recommendations. We are happy to help you make selections and provide our favorite cooking tips! When you purchase meat from us, each order is packed by hand at our warehouse in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Every cut is flash frozen and pressure sealed immediately after butchering, at the peak of freshness. We ship your meat straight to your doorstep in a reusable cooler with dry ice, ready to store or enjoy.