Sometimes chicken breast gets a reputation for being dry or boring, but I’ve found that with ours, nothing could be further from the truth. They turn out juicy, tender and absolutely delicious every single time I cook with them. This Mediterranean style orzo dish is made in the Instant Pot in mere minutes and has all of the flavor and nutrition I’m looking for in a quick and tasty lunch or dinner recipe. If you can’t find feta cheese stuffed olives, use whatever olives you can find and add in some feta cheese separately. Or you can leave it out completely… but who doesn’t love feta cheese? I recommend getting the goat milk variety for the best flavor. The herbes de Provence seasoning is one of my favorites to use on poultry and fish. It’s generally known as a French seasoning but it has all of the right elements for Mediterranean cooking, too. You can easily find it at any grocery store, or make your own.
Chicken That Is Naturally Delicious
What a lot of people don’t realize is that it’s common for chicken purchased in stores to get injected with saline to appear plump and fresh. As part of the USDA Never Ever 3 program, our chicken is never given any antibiotics, steroids or growth hormones. Furthermore, it is never injected or altered in any way after butchering. There are chemicals infused into the very packaging of most store bought chicken. Our packaging is free of any additives or chemicals, making this all natural chicken something you can feel great about purchasing for yourself and your family.
At Beck & Bulow, we get a lot of satisfaction from converting people away from eating factory farmed meat. It’s good for the planet, our emotional well-being, our health and our future. We believe eating meat is essential for humans to function at optimal health, but this can only be the case if it’s raised and processed the right way. When it comes to chicken, it’s necessary to use the highest discernment in sourcing. We’re proud to provide delicious, all natural chicken from a small co-op of family farms.
Sourced From A Co-Op Of Family Farms
These birds are humanely raised and cage free, with plentiful space to roam freely in cozy, well-ventilated barns with access to the outdoors. They enjoy unlimited access to water and nutritious vegetarian food supplemented with enzymes, essential oils and vitamins. The chickens frequently relax in their cozy beds made of wood shavings and rice hulls. They are a Cobb Hubbard hybrid breed, carefully selected for the great flavor and consistency of the meat as well as their docile temperament. The barn attendants are trained in chicken behavior and take care to make the environment as naturally supportive as possible.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cups feta cheese stuffed olives, sliced in half
- ½ cup capers
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- Juice of ½ lemon, zest of one whole lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence seasoning
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- Add all of the ingredients except the orzo and parsley into the Instant Pot and combine. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the pressure valve is sealed. Cook on the high pressure setting for 8 minutes, then carefully release the pressure valve.
- Once the pressure has finished releasing, remove the lid and add in the uncooked orzo pasta. Secure the lid and pressure valve once more. Cook on the low pressure setting for 3 minutes, then release the pressure. Cool with the lid off for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve and enjoy immediately!
The Beck & Bulow Team Is Here To Help
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar, pork and seafood.