With trick-or-treating currently getting canceled for many Americans this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, many families are looking for ways to celebrate Halloween at home with their kids. A Halloween themed dinner can really make things feel festive and these pigs in a blanket are easy and fun to make. You could always make your own biscuit dough if you prefer, but using canned really takes me back to my childhood and makes this recipe incredibly simple to prepare. My personal favorite is the canned croissants or crescent roll dough. The hardest part is probably opening the pressurized can. Does anyone else get nervous doing that? But after all, it’s Halloween, so a little scare will only add to the fun.
If You Like Beef, You’re Going To Love Bison
If you’ve never eaten bison before, you’re probably curious what it tastes like. The simple answer is that if you like the flavor of beef, you’re going to absolutely love bison. It’s very similar, but with a slightly sweeter taste. It’s naturally leaner and more tender. It has no “gamey” flavor whatsoever. Our bison hot dogs have the classic hot dog flavor that everyone loves, especially kids. They have no nitrates, MSG or preservatives and are made from our pasture raised bison meat. I loved hot dogs as a kid, but stopped eating them for years due to the questionable ingredients found in the vast majority of options at the grocery store. These bison hot dogs are way more delicious than anything you could ever get at the store, and tick all the boxes for the outstanding quality standards that our company is known for.
View this post on Instagram
Our company was founded on a love for the American bison. Since then, our offerings have expanded to include elk, wild boar, beef, lamb, poultry and seafood. Taste the Beck & Bulow difference for yourself, delivered straight to your door. Order Now: https://www.beckandbulow.com #bison #beef #americanbison #wapiti #wildmeat #elkmeat #chicken #lambmeat #wildboar #seafood #newmexico #santafe #landofenchantment #regenerativeagriculture #grassfinished #grassfed #carnivorediet #keto #carnivore #paleo #farmtotable #glutenfree #qualitymeat #beckandbulow #grassfedbeef #pastureraised
Free Range Bison, Raised The Way Nature Intended
Our bison live free range on 20,000 beautiful acres here in New Mexico, or roam freely on our carefully selected partner ranches. They are pasture raised and never administered any amount of hormones, steroids or antibiotics. These are powerful, strong animals that live essentially wild with minimal handling. There were once 60 million bison roaming North America, and we hope to see their numbers increase back to even 1 million during our lifetime. By increasing the demand for ethically sourced bison meat, we can help to bolster their population. The more people that want to purchase this nourishing and nutrient dense meat, the more farmers will be encouraged to raise bison. This directly helps to increase the number of herds which assists in providing genetic diversity for the population.
- 8 bison hot dogs
- 1 can of crescent rolls or approximately 8 oz of homemade biscuit dough
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot sauce and any other desired toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet – lining with parchment paper is recommended.
- Unroll the canned crescent dough, or prepared biscuit dough. Cut the dough into the thinnest strips possible for mummy wrapping.
- Use a paper towel to gently pat the hot dogs dry. This will make a better surface for adhering the “mummy wraps”.
- Wrap the strips of dough around the hot dogs to look like a mummy’s bandages. Criss cross them and leave one end open for the “face”. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Make an egg wash by whisking together the egg with the two tablespoons of water.
- Brush the egg wash onto the dough “bandages”.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
- Use ketchup and mustard to make eyes on the faces of the mummies. Serve immediately with desired condiments and enjoy!
Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.